Panic!AtTheBrendon said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Ok, so, I’ve felt an attraction to both guys and girls for a long time. I even remember one time in third grade, I had to work with this one girl and I found her really attractive. I had kind of thought about it when I was in 7th grade, and had cemented my sexuality as bisexual. Well, I’ve only recently found out about all of the different genders and sexualities there are, so I had realized I was more pansexual; I can be attracted to anyone, regardless of gender. The problem is with my romantic attraction. I’ve had a few boyfriends, and I’ve realized I don’t really care for relationships with guys. So, I was thinking I could call myself homoromantic. The problem with that is that I’m a trans guy.

As I said, I really had no clue about all of the LGBTQ+ genders until recently, when I realized I was trans. I don’t mean that in an “Oh, everyone’s trans now, I guess I’ll try it out lol”. No, it’s more of an “Oh, that’s what it’s called? I guess that fits me, then.” I really don’t want to have a relationship with any more cis guys, but I’ve never dated anyone else, so I don’t know who I like to date. I’m just really confused. I might even turn out to be aromantic, I don’t know. What exactly should it be called when a guy only wants to date women, including trans women? Heteroromantic? I’m just starting to ramble now, so I’ll end this here, but if you could provide help, even help on how to find a girlfriend, that would be awesome.

Rain said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Basically if you’re a guy who’s into women, then you’re straight. Women and ‘trans women’ are both still women. Anyone who identifies themselves as a female is a woman. So if you’re into people who identify themselves as a woman and you identify yourself as a man, then you’re straight. You could be aromantic heterosexual. In the end labels aren’t that important.

CanadianMoose said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Short answer: It would seem that your a Panromantic/Heterosexual but don’t force yourself into labels your not comfortable with.

Tanya said 8 years, 10 months ago:

If you don’t feel like you have any romantic attraction to men, you could identify as heteroromantic since you are a man who has romantic attraction to women. If you find yourself also attracted to non-binary people as well though you could definitely call yourself biromantic or polyromantic because you would have romantic attraction to more than just women. If you feel like maybe you could be romantically attracted to men you just haven’t yet then you could call yourself panromantic as well if you feel that would fit you. Apply the same to your sexuality. :)

Try not to stress yourself out about what to call yourself, it can change or fluctuate if you find something that fits you better or even if your preferences change with your experiences.

As far as finding a girlfriend I wish I could help you, but I haven’t found a partner either lol. All I can suggest is online dating sites (be careful when using them please!) and just doing things you love to do, going to places you like to go, talking to people who seem interesting. Take classes, go to shows if that’s what you like to do. You are bound to meet someone who likes the same things as you.

AnnieH said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Why call yourself anything? Just having a label does not define you, just be you.

Squidfase said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Although I believe everyone who’s saying don’t label yourself is right, sometimes it’s easier in small talk if you do. I wouldn’t go parading around like a tumblr nerd would about it, but sometimes it makes things a bit easier. Although is retrospect, most of the time general population doesn’t know what these terms mean either. I myself, find I have to explain it more often than not. So really when you label yourself, you’re just setting yourself up to ‘try’ to educate everyone that inquires about your gender/sexuality. Then come the weirdo questions that we all get. I consider myself Nonbinary pansexual. For the average person that’s a big question mark. I refuse to try to change everyone’s mind about me though. Generally you should try to play around in the other field and see if you enjoy that. Talk to people without asking gender, if you’re truly pansexual, it won’t matter anyways.

Tanya said 8 years, 10 months ago:

“Labels” make some people feel more comfortable with themselves and their identity. It can also help with locating people with similar preferences/experiences. “Labeling” yourself can be a tool to help you feel like you fit in somewhere so if someone wants to put a label on their sexual or romantic orientation or their gender it’s really their business and it’s pretty shitty to judge them for it.