SevenLegends said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I like this website and i enjoy helping people but it seems like whenever i vent no one responds to me. not and if someone adds me as a friend most times it is only one conversation. I am beginning to feel like no one wants anything to do with me unless im the one helping.

rinseandrep said 10 years, 1 month ago:

You have been here just a couple of weeks, I guess you are still getting used to the site.

Sometimes people vent in statuses, and that’s it, they don’t expect an answer, like it was a diary, people can think yours are of that kind and not respond.

This is a site where people come with the purpose to talk about themselves, or have trouble bonding with other people, so it’s not a surprise that private conversations can have a hard time taking off.

So, no, it’s not a personal thing, it might take a while to get more results, so hold on, there are plenty people in your age range, and new ones every day.

Jess said 10 years, 1 month ago:

As Rinseandrep said, a lot of people come to this website for their own problems and/or don’t bond well. Adding to that, they don’t want to help others. They just want to be helped (that’s okay, that’s what the site is for).

There are also others who only log on to help people and do not seek help, but they don’t really want to form friendships, they just want to help in the short-term, like being a Listener in the chat or answering forum posts.

This site is more ‘Listeners and Venters’ than it is a fully supportive community right now, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t find friends or can’t get support.

Again, like Rinsendrep said, it will take time. There are a lot of people on this website and they are looking for friends as well. You have to stick your neck out and look for them.

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

Even though I’m still new, I feel you. Communication is a two way street and I always try to vent as well as listen. I’ll be more than happy to listen to you anytime you want!

Tonettanetta said 10 years ago:

I’ve run into a similar problem but I’ve been using this site for probably about a year now, but you can’t just give up :) you’ll run into someone who will listen. I’d be happy to and looks like Ms. KoolThing will too :)

Marvel-in-the-TARDIS said 10 years ago:

I’m new like literally a few hours- the thing is that if you keep trying you will find someone who wants to talk, it just takes a while :D

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

hey you can always message me for anything, I’m on here to listen and I don’t care how big or small your problems are, I’ll do what I can to help :) don’t be afraid to message me anytime, for anything :)

RedRoseAlice said 10 years ago:

I understand the feeling. For me personally when i tried to vent it left me feeling in worse in some case. However, I do believe that their are many ( like the ones who responded) who don’t mind helping. It’s just sometimes it’s hard to catch them. If you ever need someone to talk to i’m here. See you then! :)

Shilo said 10 years ago:

Feel free to talk to me, I’ll be here.