Mutti said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Many people shy away from helping others..why???

friendlyfish said 9 years, 5 months ago:

There are many ideas why i think people don’t help other people out!

-wanting to fit in
-fear of (their help/advice) getting rejected
-fear of responsibility if they do help/give advice
-they’re having a rough time and need to take care of themselves first
-unsure if they’ll make the situation worse or not

all of these are reasonable explanations why people don’t help other peeps out, and very rarely it would be in bad intentions.

Dan said 9 years, 5 months ago:

In my experience, its wanting to fit in with the “bad/ popular crowd” by acting tough and “cool” by not helping someone when they need it or displaying how cold hearted you can be. Im happy to say i don’t understand that, and never will. On the other hand, some people just don’t want to draw attention towards themselves by helping others or have the need to fix and re-assemble themselves before working with someone else’s broken peices

Itheren said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I’m shy of helping others because I don’t think they want MY help. It’s not because I don’t like them or that I don’t want to but because I don’t have anything to offer. My help could easily make the situation worse or not have any effect and be a waste of time. Sometimes I just think that no one really needs help.

neccla said 9 years, 4 months ago:

They also think “someone else will help” so they don’t. It’s called Bystander effect.

El said 9 years, 4 months ago:

One reason that I’ve noticed is that, most of the time, I’m not 100% sure what I’m doing and it causes a pretty daunting fear of trying to help and failing. With that, it’s like why even bother – someone else surely can do better plus you’ll just be judged anyway.