Aria said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Do you find that your social anxiety is worse on days when you feel your body image is horrible?
I’ve gained 30lbs since I fractured two vertebrae. Sometimes, I’m ok with myself and accept that exercise isn’t an option right now. Other days, I can’t stand to do anything because I don’t want people to judge me and my extra 30lbs. :(
All of this self discovery is new to me after leaving two abusers. I feel so naive at times. Especially on here….

Midnight Blue said 10 years, 6 months ago:

One of the most important things I’ve learned so far (and I often forget, so I have to keep reminding myself!) is that it DOES NOT matter what other people think of you! I know it can be difficult to ignore all the eyes and facial expressions from people when you are out and about, but really ask yourself: Why am I allowing this person’s opinion of me (real or imagined)to affect my opinion of me? Those people don’t understand your life and struggles, and they most likely never will. People who judge others are usually insecure with themselves, by pointing out flaws in others they are only trying to feel superior in some way because they truly feel inferior. Remember that when people make you to feel this way, you are not the one with the problem. This website might help: http://beautifullyzen.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/six-tips-on-dealing-with-insecure-people/