Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Does anyone here suffer from OCD. It is a terrible anxiety disorder that is definitely misunderstood. It has a unique stigma in that most people believe it is minor or just a quirk. I am telling you that it is definitely not and it is debilitating, confusing and life-ruining.

I am opening this up to anyone that wants to talk about it. I have received treatment for it and I have become well versed in it. Please comment if you want to talk to me about this.

Dung said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I have suffered from OCD.

Uni said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I have it but I’m not officially diagnosed with it, but the nurse said that I have it and I’m going in for therapy soon because of it. But I know for sure that I have it and it’s slowing down everything I do :(

blue said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I am pretty sure I have it. it’s difficult to explain or describe the OCD in words for me though. OCD’s annoying for sure.

Dung said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Tell her, that denying will just make it worse.

Damngoodcoffee said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I have been diagnosed with OCD once… last time I actually want to therapy… can’t afford more therapy though, also don’t know what to do about it… other than, you know, live with it

LunaMoon said 9 years, 5 months ago:

My sister has serious clinical OCD and it’s basically ruining her life. She has an unrealistic fear of germs, and she has a morning routine that lasts about 4-5 hours. She cant organize her time around anyone else, and it is really hard on the whole family. Now she is suffering from a drug addiction because it’s the only thing that helps her calm down and be able to function somewhat.

mew said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I’ve only recently been told [not directly as such but basically subtly when being referred for CBT] that I have violent or harm OCD. It’s taken over my life for the last 15 years and I didn’t even know it. It’s only as the intrusive thoughts and anxiety have gotten worse that I’ve even known that OCD has this many different forms. I’ve always had little things that I just thought were habits though like, I really don’t like odd numbers and certain words make me uncomfortable, but I never even thought to put it down as OCD until now.

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Hi! I’ve been diagnosed with OCD for two years, but symptomatic for 14. It’s a really difficult diagnosis to receive, as it can often feel like a ‘death sentence’ of sorts. If anyone here wants to talk to me about living with OCD, feel free to send me a message.

Viceman said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Yes, I have OCD. I’ve been seeing a therapist for a while and have made progress.