sleepingsiren said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Not to long ago I was diagnose with some severe mental illnesses.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Emotional/Behavioral Identification Disorder
Gender Dysphoria
Anxiety/Panic Disorder

I guess I’m just having a hard time wrapping all this around my mind. I know from studying a little about, it makes sense and I’m relating to it and finally understanding things. It’s just knowing how I’ll deal with it and if it’s going to change my everyday lifestyle greatly that I’ll no longer cope with anything I used to do anymore.

Jess said 9 years, 7 months ago:

These diagnoses won’t change your everyday life because they’re just describing what you’re already going through. It doesn’t mean that you’ll experience every symptom of every illness you have, it’s not a check list. It’s a good thing that you now know what’s wrong because, as you said, you get to read up on them and understand what you’re going through. It’s also a starting point for treatment and management of these things too. If you aren’t already, you should definitely see a psychologist regularly. It’s no different than a physical illness that you have to see a doctor for regularly too. I hope this helps.

ThoJumbo said 9 years, 7 months ago:

10 years ago I was also diagnosed with panic attack and I still suffer from it, its a hard ride to get out off.

I talk to many different folks to ease my pain and it helps me through it from time to time.

Jessica said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Hey, try not to let those labels define you – they aren’t who you are they don’t represent you, yes they are a part of your life but it is up to you how dominant they become. My advice would be to just take each day one at a time, and if that becomes too much – then cut it down to each hour at a time. That is how I survive sometimes – just to think I can cope with just one more hour, or by counting how long it is until I can sleep and forget about everything.

Jess said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Just remember that those are just names. They don’t define who you are or what you can do. It just makes it easier for those around you to help you achieve that. You may have always had them and you are here now. It can’t change your life, naming it just makes it easier for those around you to treat you and make the symptoms easier to handle.