mini_beethoven said 6 years, 6 months ago:

How do we find ourselves when things that used to be interesting to us don’t interest us anymore? I’m still listening to the same music that I have for the past 5 years, but I’m just listening because there’s nothing that I like anymore. How do we get out of the rut and into ourselves again?

mariko said 6 years, 6 months ago:

@kittymew just because you like different things doesn’t mean you stopped being you. We grow, we change. Specially with people and experiences around us.
In my opinion who we really are shows by our actions. Deep down , in your heart, you know well what you can and can’t do for example, you know somewhat how your personality works. That is you! (obviously more factors but you get it).

Now if you are talking about liking the same things again is a bit complicated. Since we do change like I mentioned. But you can always try to understand why you liked them in the first placr to get it.

Hope I helped a bit**

Sandman said 6 years, 5 months ago:

That’s life mini me, over time our tastes change in different things. There’s good music out there, you just have to find it and try something new. throw yourself into things that are new to you. in order to ‘find yourself’, you need to take action and try new things.
at your core inside you is the real you. overtime your core acquires layers, like an onion, that resemble what you like in the present moment. maybe your dad was a policeman, so maybe you want to be a policeman. or, in rebel, you want to be a law breaker. you’re going to like things that resonate with you. when you start doing the things that interest you, and then you realize a few years later that it doesnt excite you like it used to, it’s okay, its a natural response. it means that you’re burning through a layer of the ‘onion’, working your way closer to your true purpose. but to summarize, reflect on what interests you now. maybe you like traveling or design, or styling hair. starting working towards those goals. a good tip is this. do something that you love to think about in the morning as soon as you get up and throughout the day until your head hits the bed and you’re still thinking about it, telling yourself how you cant wait to go back to work to do that certain thing again.
TLDR: Take action and try new things, get out of your comfort zone. do something you love and love thinking about all day.