The Author said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’m intrigued, really, to hear if you have a “type”. I didn’t think I did, until I sat down and thought about it.

I didn’t think I really have a type, but I looked at the girls I’ve had things for and looked for common features. So let’s work top-down.

Hair – An even split between dark brown and dirty-blonde hair, which I think is pretty interesting. Dark brown hair is probably my favourite, makes me just want to stroke it. Straight hair doesn’t do it for me, and nor does bottle-blonde.

Eyes – A very even split between blue, green and brown. Doesn’t really make a big difference to me, and isn’t something I hugely notice; even though I like looking into someone’s eyes, the actual colour is beside the point.

Mouth – None of them have particularly huge lips, but all of them have infectious smiles (except one, who rarely smiles at all any more (definitely not my fault, I swear)).

Breasts – A man (even a gay one) who says he doesn’t like boobs is probably lying. The majority of the girls on my list have larger than average breasts, but I wouldn’t say it’s a deciding factor at all, to be honest. It more fits in with…

Waist & Belly – Apart from one, who would best be described as willowy, the girls on my list aren’t especially thin. They aren’t what you’d call fat at all either, and if I was asked to describe, I’d probably say soft & warm to hug. Certainly, a perfectly flat stomach is some way off my list of must-haves.

Derriere – Bum-wise, there’s a bit of a range, but Kardashian-style behinds generally aren’t all that great in real life, but you’re pretty hard to find a bum that looks bad in jeans.

Legs – Stick-thin legs are a huge no-no for me. Soft thighs score good points.

Height – A pretty wide range, from some who are over a foot shorter than me to some who are somewhere near an eye-level. I’m tall enough for both of us, really.

Okay, so that seems to create a picture of an ideal girl with long, wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and a fairly curvy figure, who smiles warmly and gives great hugs. For bonus points, she could be wearing a knitted sweater and a loose skirt (which is a slightly odd combo, but hey, bonus points). Well over half of their names also begin with the same letter, oddly enough. I’d say that’s pretty accurate, tbh (and pretty long).

I’d also say that confident posture is also very attractive. It’s essential too that I can hold a good conversation with them. To quote Prince Akeem, “I like a woman to stimulate my intellect as well as my loins.”

Searinox said 9 years, 10 months ago:

The “type” you describe seems based solely off physical appearance. Do these girls not have some fundamental personality traits or other non-physical factors in common?

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 10 months ago:

There are ofcourse things I find more attractive and other things I find less attractive, but really it’s all of the traits and feautures combined into a whole person that really matters. I could say that I like long, brown hair and I’m not a big fan of tattoos – but then I’m probably bound to meet a girl with short blonde hair and lots of tattoos who I like.

whiteHEART said 9 years, 10 months ago:

well…for me it’s not really abt physical appearance
even thou its important too
but..my type is
smart funny honest man
whom when i talk to i feel like connected
i have met so many handsome guys..but we never connected..cos the main thing..the personality wasn’t a perfect match for me

ipp-od said 9 years, 10 months ago:

We can’t deny we all get attracted to the physical appearance. But in the long run, the personality is what makes us stay.

I’d say I prefer funny men. I am not easily approachable and people find me snob or serious looking so they tend to back off and not talk to me. Funny guys, on the other hand, have ways to break the ice and start a conversation with me without getting to my nerves. Of course only if the approach is appropriate and not offensive.
I’d also like him to have a philosophy in life. Some virtues he lives by and plans ahead especially for his life for the future. Guys who have future plans kind of radiate a sense responsibility and seriousness in life.

On the physical, I prefer tall guys. Like real tall and slim. Not thin but not too buff either. I am not quite particular whether he works out or not. And of course a guy with a great smile.

Well it really doesn’t work out the way we want to, but what if it will? Haha

@searinox

Yes, the type I described is based mostly off physical appearance because that’s what gets me interested to start with. I’d still say you can describe pretty accurately the kind of person that I get on well with too. After all, what kind of person smiles warmly and gives good hugs, and has confident posture? I take your point, though and will add that someone I could stay with would have to be honest, caring and funny, the kind of person who would also be my best friend

Swifting said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Males: I prefer someone who is taller than me. I prefer that they’re not a stick and I can wrap the arms around them. I’m not too selective when it comes to race, or color, or hair, or facial features.

Females: I prefer someone who is shorter than me. I’ve always been into pear shapes. But, I don’t mind if they balance to an hour glass. Also not too selective when it comes to race, or color or hair, or facial features.

I’ve never found myself attracted to someone who is not set in their sexuality or gender identity.

Also. As far as personality goes I look for someone who can be kind but fierce. Who has a sense of humor in appropriate times. And is fluent in sarcasm.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t really think I have a “type”. I mean, I definitely have preferences and features/traits that I’m generally more attracted to. But it’s often shocking what combination presents itself to you and how you respond to them! My boyfriend is hilarious, so kind and I’d trust him with my life. So those three traits are always a winner!

itskelsie said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t have a type I don’t think. I can go from the most classy guys to probably one of the most “thug” like guys. I enjoy bad guys, I can tell you that. Which that probably isn’t a good thing but it is true. I have preferences with physical appearance, like I LOVE dark headed guys and the color of their eyes don’t really matter to me but if they have colored eyes, that’s just a plus. I don’t have a type, I just like a tall guy, who’s funny, cute, and can make me laugh. That’s about it.

JustRachel said 9 years, 10 months ago:

My type is a man that has lips because I love to be smiled at.

LittleLychee said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Physically, I seem to go for tall men. That’s not exactly hard, seeing as I’m only 5ft 4! But most of the guys I’ve dated seem to be nearly a foot taller than me.

Hair wise, I’ve dated dirty blond, brown and dark brown. Eyes, I’ve dated blue and brown. Figure, I’ve dated skinny and chubby, but I’m not fond of overly muscular.

Almost all the guys I’ve dated have certain traits in common, though. They’re all a little older than me, obviously smart and huge nerds. They’re less concerned about physical appearance and more focused on improvement of the mind. They’re all very creative in one way or another and all seem to have something wrong in their heads.

Probably explains why the guy I’m sort of sleeping with at the moment is the exact polar opposite of all this: takes care of himself physically, is smart in less obvious ways, is a total lad, my height and younger than me.

amy said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I don’t have a specific “type”, and the list would go on forever if I were to compile everything I find attractive in a guy :/ He could be a total gentlemen, or kinda cocky, or just out-going. Idk, I guess it depends on how much of each characteristic he holds..? Like is he’s too serious, that would a bore..
Looks-wise, he has to be either Chinese or Korean. I prefer guys who are tall, and have black hair. *cough* nice body *cough*

on second thoughts, just give me kim jongin; that’s all i need ;v;

Wallflower said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Based on physical appearance, I’ve noticed that I don’t have a specific “type”, I do not focus much on details. But when I look at a guy what attracts me is a “good face”, it’s not easy to explain.. The opposite of bad boy face! I like a face that transmits something like “it’s going to be ok”.
But more than that, it’s intelligence. When I guy says something smart it kinda turns me on (e.g. when my bf shows me how to do a math exercise or something). I think there’s a word for that: sapio-sexual ;)

Michael. said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I really prefer a fire type, water types have their place but I prefer the stronger offense a fire type brings most of the time.

Rock types are also great and help round out the team.