Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hey there, I need advice from someone who’s dated suicidal people and/or people who have dated when one party was transitioning.
I came out as trans to my boyfriend some months ago and it’s been ups and downs since. At first he didn’t see how we could make it work, then gradually has grown to say that he accepts me and will love and support me through my transition.
I love him, I really do, but until recently (when he clarified that he’s not repulsed by me) I was very afraid of opening up to him, and now he’s closed up to me because of that. It’s really hard to communicate right now and I’m afraid of being honest most of the time because he doesn’t really have anyone else to talk to if something I do bothers him. He has felt suicidal in the past, including when I came out to him, and it freaks me out to say or do the wrong thing.
So. Any advice?
P.S. sorry for the sucky English.

Jess said 10 years, 1 month ago:

*Bump*

I’m sorry, I haven’t been in that position. I know there are quite a few trans people on this website though, so keep an eye out for them.

It’s hard to put burdens on people we think are fragile, but in a relationship, you both share your problems and you support each other.

You should tell him how you feel and he may open up. As you said, he closed up because you did, so what do you think will happen if you open up again?

People are stronger than we give them credit for.

P.s. I didn’t realize English wasn’t your first language until I read your ‘p.s’. Your English is better than some English-speaking people.

Superfly said 10 years, 1 month ago:

dump that loser. he isn’t worth it