Devon said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I can honestly say that “Therapy” by All Time Low has saved my life. For the longest time, I never understood it, until one night I was sitting alone and it came on shuffle. I sat, listened to it on repeat while crying. Not sad crying, but crying like it fit how I was feeling so well. But, as a whole, All Time Low has definitely made an impact on my life.
Also, if you are ever feeling down, listen to a Therapy speech by Alex Gaskarth.

“Therapy”

My ship went down
In a sea of sound.
When I woke up alone I had everything:
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,
I was careful and cool,
But they tore me apart like a hurricane…
A handful of moments I wished I could change
But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.
I’m a walking travesty
But I’m smiling at everything.
Therapy…
You were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery.

My lungs gave out
As I faced the crowd.
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.
I’m flesh and bone,
I’m a rolling stone
And the experts say I’m delirious.

Give me therapy.
I’m a walking travesty
Therapy…
And you can take back your misery.

Arrogant boy,
Love yourself so no one has to.
They’re better off without you.
(They’re better off without you.)

Arrogant boy,
Cause a scene like you’re supposed to.
They’ll fall asleep without you.
You’re lucky if your memory remains.

Give me therapy.
I’m a walking travesty
Therapy…
And you can take back your misery.

Therapy…
I’m a walking travesty
Therapy…
And you can choke on your misery.

MLG said 10 years, 8 months ago:

its probably weird but One Headlight by the Wallflowers. The chorus is really honest and it puts things in perspective for me.

“come on try a little
nothing is forever
there’s got to be something better than in the middle
me & Cinderella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight”

the rest of the song seems depressing but its been my favorite since I was very young.

ef92 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I listen to a lot of Common for the last while.

One songs that saved me I suppose is ‘The light’. This is just the chorus:

“There are times.. when you’ll need someone
I will be by your side
There is a light, that shines
Special for you, and me”

you can relate it the chorus to a lot of aspects of your life.

Drastic said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Mr. Brightside by The Killers

“Now they’re going to bed
And my stomach is sick
And it’s all in my head

But she’s touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now
Let me go

And I just can’t look it’s killing me
And taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it’s just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I’m Mr. Brightside”

I could listen to this all day. It helps me heal from my recent break up. Even if the imaging in my head hurts, but I have to go through the break up, not around it.

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 8 months ago:

theSTART’s “Shakedown” album got me through high school. I’m not even exaggerating. Just about everything on that album and the EP before it were really big to helping me stay positive and feel less alone in my teenage years.

this song kept me positive about love and also has been very influential when it comes to my writing. this song is like candy to me in terms of how its written and all the language.

and this song kept me positive when it came to being myself and not letting peer pressure (or media pressure) make me someone i wasn’t.

Georgiie said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Personally, there have been quite a few- all for different reasons- but the one that sticks with me the most and helped me through one of the roughest years of my life was:

The Middle by Jimmy Eat World.

It just sums everything up. If you feel like utter crap about being yourself listen to this song. It just helped me realise that things won’t be the same forever and there is always room and time to change :)

Oh! And Blurry by Puddle of Mudd– this one was from when I was a kid and, not going to lie, it brings on nostalgia but it sure as hell made me a little bit stronger :D

Devon said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I love “One Headlight” by the Wallflowers! That’s a song that whenever it comes on, I refuse to change it.

“The Middle” just makes me happy. For some reason, I can’t be sad when that song is on. Same for “Mr. Brightside”.

I haven’t really heard the others, but knowing that they mean something to you guys, I will have to look them up!

Olive said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I find Numb by Linkin Park and some other heavey metal and rock help me.

Katierine said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve found that alot of Fall Out Boy’s stuff has gotten me through rough patches, along with Camisado, That Green Gentleman, Northern downpour, and She Had The World by Panic! At The Disco.
Almost anything by Pierce the Veil is really nice and lately Hero by Family Of The Year has been my song to look to aswell c:

Diana said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Bands like Paramore, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy and others helped me through my hardest times and darkest moments. They seriously saved my life.

lameos said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Coldplay and Paramore really helps me out

D <3 said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Breaking Benjamin :)

Daniela said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Have Faith In Me by A Day To Remember <3

Dray said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Emotional Anorexic by Svavar Knutur.
Everytime I used to self harm or cry, I would turn this song on after. By the title you’d think it promotes anorexia, but it doesn’t. It doesn’t really talk about anorexia at all in the song(not that I have noticed). The song is so peaceful and slow that it completely calms me down and I fall asleep. His voice is so nice. I suggest everyone give it a listen(:

TheMindBabble said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I believe “Endlessly” by The Cab can just repair any sour mood. The Cab has written so many wonderful songs, each of them are beautiful. I really want to find some Cab army people here. Plus if that doesn’t make you feel better Alexander DeLeon (lead vocals, guitar) has his own blog where he just puts up midnight songs, like singing to a fan, or just pick-me-up posts. It’s really nice to have someone you haven’t even met care about you oh so much.

check it out: http://www.symphonysoldier.tumblr.com