FlickaJ said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I have been suffering from depression and severe anxiety since I was around 10. I started cutting at 13, and only stopped last year when my parents found out. One of the first people to discover I cut, was this kid I used to hang out with, he was friends with my friends, we only hung out like 10 times. But we got on well. He noticed blood soaking through my sleeve, grabbed my arm and gave me a hug. He never mentioned it again, but it meant so much to me. He had suffered with the same things as me, he was covered in scars, was in and out of hospital and had a lot of problems at home.
Last night his heart stopped beating while he was in hospital. He was 16 years old. I dont know how he died, I think it was suicide. Now im having trouble breathing. I know I wasnt close to him, we were barely friends, but this hurts so much. I have no clue how is family and friends must feel. I just needed to tell someone this, no one else knows what me and him bonded over.

Baleigh said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I am so sorry about your friend. When I was going through a rough time with an illness I bonded with some people. Some of them were close to my age and others were even in their 40s-60s. Some of them recovered but others died. So I know how it feels to bond with someone that is going through what you’re going through and how tough it is to lose them. I know that what I say can’t make the pain or frustration go away, just know that he is in a better place and even though he didn’t make it out of this alive, I’m sure his goal is to make sure you will. Again, I am so sorry and if you need to talk you can message me anytime. Even though you guys weren’t close the fact that he had such a strong impact on your life makes this difficult, so it’s not out of the ordinary to hurt over his death. I’m a believer in “everything happens for a reason”, so I’m sure that in time things will play out and reveal a reason for this tragic event. Just be glad that you had him in your life for as long as you did and remember that you aren’t alone. He knew what you were going through and he felt the need to help. Again, if you need to talk, I’ll be here for you. I hope things start to get better soon. Stay strong

Twangn said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m sorry this has happened. I hope you can talk to your parents about it, or a friend. You need to talk about it. Your parents will understand.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Life is so stressful these days and people don’t have the skills to cope with it. Parents aren’t always there for you… friends hurt your feeling.. things don’t work out as expected etc… We all have these problems but keep our heads up the best we can and just cope. A person only needs 1 person in there life to support them and guide them to be able to make strides. Something in your home life must have caused you stress when you were very young. Feel free to email me and we can chat and hopefully I can give you some insight into coping with things. There are many people on this site that would help you. Just reach out to one of us :-) Hugs..