Liz said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Hi!

–I’m sorry if this may be long, I need help and no one has answers. I want to explain it in detail.–

So my problem is revolved around bullying and copying and I really need help. It’s causing me stress, bad depression, anxiety and social anxiety. Also a bit of OCD.

So there’s this girl, let’s call her Amy. So about 3-4 years ago, I came up to Amy, and we became friends. We were fine for about a year until we really started using the internet. That’s basically how all my problems come up.

So when we started using the internet (2nd year of our friendship) we both basically used Facebook. Yeah whatever nothing happened, but shit started when we both started drawing.

So a year ago, I got deviantART (art site) and stuff was fine, didn’t mind much. Nothing happened actually. She drew and I drew (we did copy each other now and then but it wasn’t a huge deal to me, cause I dealt with it and told her and she said sorry and stuff)

//Don’t worry this problem doesn’t only revolve around art//

But stuff got bad this year (as in 2013-present)
Nothing really happens on deviantART actually, it’s basically the same.

But she got DrawCast this year (art app) and she then started copying me.

But this year Amy got really mean and rude and swears a lot and she’s considered a bully but I’m still “friends” with her even though I don’t want to be (she has no other friends and no one likes her)
She copies my drawings, my art style, etc. Like you could look at both of our drawings and they’re practically similar. She also stalks who I follow and who my friends are which sucks cause she steals my friends (internet friends) and sometimes even tries to steal real life friends from school.

I think I can actually deal with the art stealing, but woah what really gets to me.

She’s practically me. A twin of me. And yeah that sounds “cool” but I hate it. Why? Because I hate her. She’s mean, rude, etc.

We both have brown hair (but her hair is curly and mine is straight)

I have dip dye (blonde) and she even almost did blonde dip dye too until I told my friend and she told Amy to back off. I have braces and after I got braces, Amy said: “Wow cool! I think I need them too.”
Also she says she’s considering getting glasses too. It’s like she wants to be me.

People even confuse us, which disgusts me.

But real life doesn’t bother me much, she doesn’t copy me nor bother me in real life too much. The biggest problem here is;
She texts and talks like me.

I know it’s stupid but it really gets to me. And I didn’t make any of the sentences or emojis or words I use, but still, I use them first and I kinda feel like they define my personality, and then she started using them, and I stop cause 1. I hope she will too and 2. She makes it annoying (did I mention she’s also immature and annoying??)

But it never works. Examples on what words/things she copies me on: “Lmao” “Lmfao” “Omf” “Omfg” “>vw<" "Blah" "U butt" "U fart" and so much more.

She also copies me with my interests or things I like.
And it makes me really depressed, I like to be unique, i don't want a copy of me. Especially since I hate her.

So my question is, what do I do? What can I say to her? (Keep in mind I am actually afraid of her, she can be really mean and she always swears at me, even if we're friends)

How can I tell her I don't want to be her friend? I don't want to hang out with her or talk to her? But in a reasonable way and nicely, so she doesn't snap and swear at me and start a fight.

Also most importantly, how do I tell her to back off and stop copying me? Stop copying my art style and drawings? Stop copying the way I talk/text and things I say?

Please help :< I'm really stuck. And it's made me done things like self-harm.

Notreallythough said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Just be the bitch this one time. Be a bitch to her so she could get it,and tell her but if people think your twins you should take that as a complement, she thinks your cool

noworries1620 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I think this girl is in love with you. Sorry, but I do. Sounds like she is overbearing and scary because she loves you. I am sorry for the pain you are going through. She shouldn’t be doing this to you. You have to be honest. There are always two ways to say one thing. Try to be as gentle as possible. Ask her what is bothering her. I bet she has very low self-esteem and that is why she is hateful and a copy cat. It sounds like she is hurting too.
I am sorry for your situation. Please try to turn that hate into love. sounds impossible but it’s not,it’s a choice to see her as a hurting person rather than a bitch.Everyone just wants to be loved and accepted. Try to love you and love her despite her faults. We are all human.(just cuz you love her doesn’t mean she needs to be in your life) Honesty and love……hardest but the best for everyone. Peace & Love to you.

ღ Hart Fillia ღ said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Dont make yourself miserable becoz of her.You are much more than that.You got to take the upper hand on her slowly.I have also encountered a friend like that but different.
Please do not hurt yourself becoz of her.You need to tell her everything about how you feel with complete honesty.Tell her that it is not right for her to be copying your art and that you do not like it.You dont have to scared of her.This is not your fault and brace yourself.Once you let out all your feelings, you will certainly feel a lot better.Dont worry.Face her.You are better than this. Good luck.