Camy said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Sorry, this maybe a little long. So I am pretty average. But i am always thinking too much. I have a million things going on in my mind and I don’t know how to control it. It’s like my world is constantly spinning. I don’t even have anything big going on, no drama, I’m just thinking a mile per minute. I start tho think of all the little bad things I ever did. It all comes rushing back and it’s like a trance. And it won’t go away. I can’t make it stop because it’s all there. Stuck in my mind like cement. I’m always on edge of breaking down, and I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if maybe I am just being over dramatic, that may be it as far as sleep goes I average 4-6 hours. I usually wake up from night mares every few hours.And as in bad things I guess my mistakes. But I usually think about when I was little (5 I think) my best friends mom yelled at me really loud in front of the entire school and I remember her grabbing my shoulders and shaking me around. I don’t even remember what I did.

If anyone could help me figure out what’s going on with my head that would be great haha

mongoose said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I tend to have a lot of things on my mind all the time. I really never stop thinking while I’m conscious. So far as I can remember I’ve always been that way. I cannot read fiction because my mind wanders. I can read an entire chapter of a book while thinking of something else and not remember a thing I read. I can however read an entire textbook and remember quite a bit. I wouldn’t say it torments me like it seems to be tormenting you.

It may help to do something which requires a lot of focus… taking your mind off all other things but what you’re doing. Sports and Video Games come to mind. You could just as easy do a puzzle or a cross word I suppose. Try Sudoku!

Probably out of the question but you could try medication as well. Try and put all of your focus into just your breathing and hold that in thought for a while then try to think about nothing at all not even your breathing.

Haha, I do the same thing when I read. I had to read the class book three times to actually get it down. XD Thanks so much for your help and I will give your suggestions a try.

someone.no.one.knew said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Wow, im the same way. Its like ADD but not. I hv allways tryed to just move past it by doing somthing while i think that dosnt take effort. (Play guitar,shower,draw,coloring books have magic powers a swear, even just taking 10 min a day and just stopping and trying to focus on one thought and work it out. Them move to the other. It took me a long time to be able to do it but it helps.

Messy Machine said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I had the same problem when I was your age. In my case,I thought too much and I feel like it makes my physical life on hold forever. But I think it’s not that bad. Plus I think I could control my thoughts more when I get older (Now 23).

Maybe writing a journal would help you to have a proper conversation with your self. You write your thoughts from topic to topic and be focused. I have been writing journal since 2012 and I believe it helped me greatly to be more calm. First I just wanted to keep track of my mind. I set goal of 500 words a day to keep me sane and healthy. If I get insane someday, people could read my words and get the clue. Haha

You can also try meditation. Now, you can download application like Mindful or Samsara to help you start meditation and being mindful if you know nothing much about it yet.

And you can try running. Many people say it helps. I’m just too lazy.

:-)