Akirahh said 10 years ago:

Well I thought that I had finally made one, but apparently my depression and anxiety is too much for her to handle along with her problems too, and we were “relying on each other too much” even though it was usually me listening to her vent and helping with what I could/offering emotional support. So now she wants to go to just being “acquaintances” how do I even do that? What does that mean? Does that mean I have to sit at lunch alone again? That I can’t sit next to her in class? I’m so lost and terrified to go to school tomorrow and I’m 25 years old, you’d think I could handle this but I can’t. I’m transitioning medications so I’m not even on anything right now. How do I go from trusting someone with my deepest feelings and giving them all the emotional support I could give to pretending we barely know each other. I feel so betrayed and hurt and I don’t want to make any new friends ever again. I feel totally worthless. Someone tell me this will pass, please.

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

Yes, keeping by yourself while you asses what exactly means this new attitude between you two seems the polite way to do in response to her need of space. It’s going to be different but maybe if you keep yourself busy, taking notes at lessons, and with a book or something else at lunch, you will be able to focus on something else than her absence.

Your friendship sounds a lot one-sided, was asking satisfaction for your own needs for support what broke it?

Akirahh said 10 years ago:

Yes, that is exactly what broke it. I messaged her saying that I just needed to talk and I was having a bad day, she sent a message to my boyfriend basically telling him to deal with me and just dismissed me. When I expressed my feeling of being dismissed she said “I’m not your boyfriend or your caretaker.” which is ironic because I was always the one listening to her vent or trying to help her through something. After today (we had school) i can’t see myself ever being able to trust her as a friend again.

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

How did your schoolday without her go?