Tomorrow said 10 years, 11 months ago:

My name is Quinn and I don’t like “about me” topics because I’m slightly paranoid and I don’t like people knowing me. I must have written this in a bunch of ways already, trying to make myself hit “post topic” to no avail. I generally only open up about who I am and my life, if I feel that it benefits another person for me to talk about it. If it does, then here. And if it doesn’t, ignore this. I’m gonna do it in bullet format so that it won’t be nearly as long as me rambling. Who I am revolves heavily around what I do.

* I’m a college student.
* I have a 2 yr degree in computers.
* Now I’m in school double majoring.
* I’m about a year from finishing my first bach.
* A year and a half after that I should finish my psych bach.
* Plan to get my masters in psych.
* I work part time in a health facilities center.
* Sometimes I work as many as 3 part time jobs but right now just 1.
* I’m a volunteer for deaf, deaf-blind, children and lgbt organizations.
* I carry a kit of non perishables in the trunk of my car for homeless people.
* Buy food for single moms I know that don’t have money.
* Created an educational website to teach, provide role models for people that otherwise might not have them, and to inspire them to rise above.
* That website has since been used by various educational organizations as a teaching tool.
* It’s currently the number 1 site on google for that particular internet search topic.
* I’m a writer.
* My poetry has been published numerous times.
* I’ve been nominated for poet of the year 5x and refused the nomination each time.
* When I was 17, my first novel was stolen and published without consent.
* Now I’m skeptical about trusting others with my soul, you know?
* Right now I have over 30 favorite novels I’ve written. That’s not all, just my favs.
* I might try publishing again soon… we’ll see.
* I’m currently working on editing 2 of my novels and writing another.
* I play video games and computer games.
* I am making a virtual novel / game.
* I’m an avid reader and I own over 500 books.
* Also an activist and I do a lot of PR to get people involved.
* As well as petitions, protests, and demonstrations.
* I volunteer to a news website where I blog about the latest news on these topics.
* I wrote a paper last year in college that my teacher wishes to have published to a magazine in order to educate others in the field of study I’m going into because apparently nothing like what I wrote has been written before so… I have mixed feelings on that.
* I’m a dog owner.
* This summer me and my best friend will be using some professional recording equipment to create a new educational tv show that will be deaf friendly and available online hopefully. We’ll see what happens.
* We filmed one episode just to see if we could and used it as a class (of 60 ppl) project. To say that it went over well was an understatement. People freaked out and afterward we had massive applause and kept being congratulated for a week straight.
* Our teacher used that video as a demonstration to 2 other schools on the benefits of technology and the kind of things students can do if given the tools.
* I’m a listener and a venter on here.
* I’m working to create the first support group of it’s kind in my local area.
* I run a book club.

Basically I’m just an average guy. I like to think I’m nice. I can be a jerk absolutely and when I go that route, I go big or go home. Thankfully my best friend and I fight well. Right now, I’m single, I have no kids, and lousy taste. In the future I hope to have at least 3 careers simultaneously. Personality wise I am an old soul. Growing up, my parents made it clear that my birth ruined their lives. So the only way I could learn how to be a man was from books, old movies, and super hero comics and tv shows. Which means I have this sense of honor as well as other strange ideals about the obligation of being not only a man but a good human being. Things that I guess are kind of out of place for this day and age. Despite that I know it’s not the norm… I can’t really give it up. It’s all that I know. And that’s pretty much me.

Swifting said 10 years, 11 months ago:

WOW! I feel suddenly very lazy and that I need to volunteer more after reading that statement. Congratulations on trusting us with who you are it’s a big first step.

Ty. I’m considering ripping it down. Is that progress or a step back if I let it stay up for about an hour before I became so paranoid that I deleted it? And I apologize if I made you feel bad. I’m really terrible at responding to self topics.

Sorry said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’m very glad to have you here, and that you posted this. Most the things you said about opening up really click with me. Reading this helped me feel less alone, I’ll be heartbroken if you decide to delete it. I try not to post a lot but I look forward to seeing you around.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I’s say the fact your parents said you ruined their lives has made you this super motivated person. You want your life to have meaning and purpose. You must live in a different time continuom than me :-) Where to get the time to do so much. You will achieve great things for your life and others. Just remember that you have value to others just by being you and being in someone life. Try not to wear yourself out.. Life is a long distance run not a sprint :-) It was nice getting to know you…

Sorry-

I understand, I have that issue. I tend to like the high ground and when people I don’t know anything about know who I am, I get upset and defensive. It’s something I am working on.

Gail-

You know, I never thought about it that way but yes, I want my life to have meaning. I don’t want to be another grain of sand on the beach, I want to light the sky on fire. Maybe that is because my parents treated me like nothing. I don’t know about a different time continuum. I’m am organized but not all of that happens on the same day, you know? I divide time around or do things like maybe I won’t volunteer once a week that month, but I’ll volunteer for a whole week 24/7 that month and be a personal slave to the community. My plan is to do that particular thing again in August. It is exhausting and I do push myself a bit hard sometimes. So you might be right on that front that I need to slow down some, I just can’t imagine doing that right now. Too much to do and too little time to do it in.

It sounds like you are really going to make a difference in the world! Just allow yourself breaks to rejuvinate and refuel your tank too. It’s very admirable that you have taken a negative in your life and have made it a positive. People should like you for you though not just for all the good you do in the world. Sounds like you have a very interesting life. Enjoy!

Welcome! What genre are your novels?