Hanna said 10 years, 4 months ago:

So, basically, I really like to help people and make sure they’re feeling good about themselves, but the bad thing is that I lack feeling good about myself. Nobody is usually there for me when I am depressed, I have a fear of being alone, and I hate my body image. Normal teenage problems, right? I’m just really concerned that this may be a long-term thing because depression has been in my family once and I really do not want to end up with it..that’s why I found this website. I just really don’t want to be sad anymore.

Staceylou said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I know that feeling all too well, it isn’t just “normal teenage problems”, I’m 22 years old and have been feeling the same way for as long as I can remember.

I’ve been the type of person over the years who’ll go out of their way to be nice, yet when it comes to me? Very few have returned it. If you think you have any form of depression, talk to a doctor. I was diagnosed officially with depression and social anxiety at 18, better to find out early and start getting help for it.

Hanna said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I am just really afraid, because my friend was just admitted to a hospital for pericarditis and I don’t want to lose her..and my other friend has depression and he’s suicidal..

Staceylou said 10 years, 4 months ago:

It’s a lot to deal with on your own, sounding like a broken record mentioning doctors and therapists so much on this website but they’ll do wonders. I hope your friends will recover, be strong and hope for the best. Worrying will only make things seem far worse than they already are.