Nikki said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m a tomboy lesbian. My dad doesn’t accept me, along with many other of my friends and close relatives. But I am me. I’m me whether I’m under my 1970 chevelle, putting on a sway bar, or if you somehow squeezed me into a dress. No, I don’t like dresses, and make up will never fly. Yes, I fix cars and I fish, while blaring my heavier music. Yes, I’m a country girl who was brought up in a close minded place, with an open minded secret. I have been in love with my best friend for a while, but I can’t tell her, nor anyone. I don’t act straight, but I don’t openly tell people either. If someone asked me, I would probably tell them. I’m a listener, not a crier. I’m just me, and if you can’t accept that, then maybe you weren’t as great as I thought you were.

If anybody else wants to post their “I Am..”‘s or comment on mine, feel free to do that here.

Jess said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Beautifully written. You sound like a very interesting person. I’m sorry that people don’t accept you but know that here, we’re always open and there’s always someone wanting to listen. :)

Nugget said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Be who you are Nikki! Nothing worse than hiding in a lie! Hopefully your family will come around and accept that you haven’t changed because of their perception of ‘sexuality’ has changed. Keep being yourself and search for your happiness!!!

Nikki said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks guys :)

Wallflower said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I admire your confidence and your way of being so self-conscious and open about who you are. I wish I could be more like you. Thank you for sharing this and I’m happy that you’re proud of who you are!