MacKennna Celeste said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I know this is a bit cliche but I’m looking for some advice on how to reject a guy without out the “it’s not, you it’s me” or “I see you as a brother” thing. I just want to go back to how it was before with him.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Honestly, there is no such thing. Rejection is going to hurt no matter how you word it. All you can do is be honest about your feelings.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

The best way to go about it would to be just tell him straight up. I mean, Rejection’s ganna sting whether you do it nice or not. Just be honest, Let him off easy :] Im sure he’ll understand.

Chappy said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Yeah, those phrases can be pretty rough, but if it’s the truth, then it’s the truth.

Sitting him down and telling him directly is the best thing, and the sooner the better.

Saying something like “I like being with you best when we’re just friends. I don’t see you romantically” might work. The right words really depend on the person and the situation though.

Hope that helps!

bery said 10 years, 5 months ago:

there is no such thing honey ..

HP said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Whatever you do. Don’t go for the friendzone thing. It’ll hurt them even more in my opinion. Be honest and tell them that you simply can’t be a couple. :)

Valeska said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Rejection is never easy, and they will feel hurt obviously. All you can do is be as nice as possible you know? Let him know that you just don’t feel the same way, and it’s always nice to tell them that you would like things to be how it was before. That gives them hope.

I have told a few of them that I wanted to just be friends. It hurts some, but really dear ones to you will accept it, and you will continue being friends. Those who are hurt by it, well, it is likely they may not want to remain in contact if their emotions are still in it.

So either way, it all works out in some way. Just be brave and nice.

trenton105 said 10 years, 5 months ago:

A girl did this to me before, and it was just weird. She told me I was like her brother and it made it seem like I was desperate or something. I do have my problems but there were other girls around besides her andjust decided to go hit on them.

For me it feels better if you just tell the truth.
Hey I’d rather not date you, or hey I don’t want to date you anymore.

How the heck would you feel if a guy said to you, “Hey Mackenna, you know, you’re like a sister to me’.

blackdog said 10 years, 5 months ago:

There’s no such thing but honesty and straightforwardness helps. I’m a guy and I what was probably the least painful breakup in history a bit over a week ago. 57 second phone call and we’re still on good terms “OK, it’s not going to work ” she agreed and we’re on great terms. Her turn for “insert personal reasons” hurt, but the fact that we were both straightforward about it made things so much easier.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Sorry to say it but your gonna have to friend zone him