Monique M. said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love to me, is being able to fart in the same room and that other person doesn’t leave. Love is when that person inspires you to be the best person you can be.

Everyone has their own definition of Love, what’s yours? :)

TurtleGirl20 said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love is when someone accepts me for the way I am regardless. Love is looking into the other persons eyes and you can feel everything they are feeling.
Love is being able to do things with the other person, and tell them things that you can’t tell or do with anyone else.
Just basically having someone in your life who brightens your world, makes you the happiest you have ever been, and is always there for you. I would always love someone regardless of what they look like on the outside but what they choose to do on the inside. Because no one can change the way they look on the outside, but they can choose how they act and behave.
Btw, this is just my opinion, and I am still looking for my Mr. Right. I am 19 and never dated, but I have been told that the right guy will come along eventually! : ) <3

Deleted User said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love is unconditional. Period. Love is when you are not judged in any way. And it is also when you are able to not judge them.

Yes, it may start out as a romantic thing, but the companionship is what makes it last forever.

Bladevigil said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love fucking sucks and ruins a lot of things. At least that’s my experience with it so far…

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 10 months ago:

love is when you hate yourself just enough to appreciate someone else.

Chwati:) said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love is unconditional, understanding, crazy and a feeling that draws you to that person regardless of who they might be. Love is the feeling you have towards your mum, dad, brother, sister, cousin, aunt, “the one” or anybody with who you have a special bonding. It doesn’t have to be mutual.

Snooze said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Seeing yourself in another with am understanding and pasion

Antanass said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love is intimacy and acceptance and support that I feel towards others and at times even myself :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I will show my findings.

While initially it appears that “love” would obviously be attached to chemical reactions and processes in the brain and body, most people seem to argue heavily against such. Instead, it is lifted up and declared as “more.” Whatever that means. “Love,” therefore must be attributed to something else. People on this thread have already mentioned things such as intimacy, acceptance, understanding, passion and so forth. But what about Stockholm Syndrome? Most people who suffer from this readily display all of these qualities to their perpetrator. There are also other psychological conditions that call into question these quickly called upon adjectives. Therefore, the best course of action seems to be to continue the reasoned deduction.

“Love” does seem to be conditional though, which flies against common assumptions. “Love” appears to easily fade when some one has an affair for example. Also, “love” spikes during early stages of relationships, and while it lowers a bit after the “excitement has worn off,” it rarely goes all the way back to a level of zero. On the other hand, I have to call into question this level on a serious matter. “The girl loves the dog.” Is this the same kind of love that one sees between two 25 year olds dating? What about comparing the two 25 year olds with two happily married 75 year olds? Thus, there is different types of “love,” making it conditional. People seem to want certain levels and types of “love” at different periods in their lives.

As best as I can figure then, using this knowledge and other sources, “love” appears to be nothing more than an excuse to favor one person over others. A wife will protect her husband or sister before she protects a stranger in a dangerous situation. A man might choose to hang out with his girlfriend instead of his drinking buddies. Or to stress my point, the man might choose his drinking buddies over his co-workers or clients. This has been the only explanation for this event known as “love” I’ve come across that has not been successfully challenged.

But I’ve never known “love,” so what the hell do I know? :p

NinjaiX said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Love can’t really be explained from my point of view it’s indescribable

Meridian said 10 years, 9 months ago:

What is love?
Baby don’t hurt me

glass said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Love is putting someone else before you, even when you know you shouldn’t; all the while feeling great about it one day, and gritting your teeth the next.

tragedy said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Love is an experience, part of our culture/society. It’s a precious fleeting thing.

Don’t try and define it except in the moment.

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 9 months ago:

@meridian won this round

Russell said 10 years, 9 months ago:

wow! you sure are Influenced by the “vow” movie! am i right ? o_O