Rudy33 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I think I have answered myself already. But its nice to get an opinion.
I recently went through hell. Hell was…helping a friend out financially only to get it back before rent was due for September 1. I didnt get it back in time. Needless to say I moved. Heres the problem….
I was chatting with this guy online and all we talked about was the problem that I was going through, looking for a place to live for me and my son. Well he offered that we move into his house as roomates. And that was fine! And thats how it all began. Until we had an oops and the flirting started and one thing led to another. That was a week ago. I have found that I moved here to be as roomates and with the other stuff I have going on, like knee surgery in a week today! That I just am not ready for anything more than roomates. I’m not really that into him. He is a nice guy and with that I’m not used to that either, I’m used to the a$$hole. lol. I’m not used to him coming to give me a kiss, and how i feel, he wants a make out session. like a kiss is a kiss right? He knows that I have been through some tough times in relationships. And after just being recently burned by another friend I have a lack of trust in people. We are dating apparently, but I’m just not sure? Should I take a complete step back and just be friends and roomates? As we haven’t been friends as everything rushed so fast? Or just suck it up and deal?

Arriana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

You need to tell him how you feel. You think you went too fast so you did :) There’s nothing wrong with that. And if you explain it nicely, as he sounds like a nice guy, you’ll be fine. Sometimes people will show more respect for you because you tackled something like this with calm and reason.

I just found it rude when he said that he would go get another gf then. He also has an extremely high sex drive which I do not! And his jokes are always sexual in some form. To me it seems that he can not be alone. His ex wife did just leave the house a few mths ago!

Arriana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

You have to stand your ground. It might be time to find another place to live if thats the case. But you’re a strong sensible woman and you have to decide what’s best for you and your little one. You can’t let him use you.

becausemeagan said 10 years, 7 months ago:

To me it just sounded like all in good fun (the flirting that is). I don’t think you were ready for that. And to be honest it does sound like you are all that interested I’m him. If he “finds another girlfriend” so what? You have a lot going around and the flirting was fun but you don’t want to go any further. Plus, not to point out but lots of guys are more sexual. And so are we girls when we are feeling it. So just be open to telling him no to whatever you feel uncomfortable with.

Sounds good, thanks

Ah sorry for spelling errors I’m on my phone

Shan <3 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Be open and honest to him.
1. It will show him what character you have and
2. His reaction will tell you what kind of person he really is.

Seriously, there’s no problem in saying ‘hey, this is going way to fast. Let’s just take a step back and be room mates for now’ and then see where things go. By all means don’t just suck it up, you’ll become miserable.

:) Good luck, hope it all comes right.

I havent said anything yet. He asked me yesterday if he did anything wrong, I said no. He has taken a step back for sure. And friday we have plans to go to the drive in to see the Conjuring. I think then I’ll tell him if it doesnt come out before

That is a great idea!
Face to face is always good. I suggest however you
wait until after the movie, like on drive home, to talk about it because even though you dont usually talk through out a movie, it may make the whole outing awkward. You dont want to put yourself through that.

Well he just came home for lunch and we had the talk as it just came out. And its all good. We are still going to see the movie and he is still going to help me with my surgery. We are friends/roomies, and its all good. I was just scared to tell him as I didnt want a big blow out about it or to upset him. I’m just used to the aholes out there and its not that I expected him to be one, its just what i’m used to

aw good well glad that worked out then!
Its good he was a good guy to you. And that its a good living situation for you and your son.
That is whats the most important thing.