virgo said 10 years, 5 months ago:

i got mad at my bf and I get too over emotional. i yelled at him. the next day i apologized to him but he ignored me. its been 2 weeks already..and I didn’t hear anything from him. he even ignore my fon call.. help me. what should I do? I don’t want to lose him.. how can I make things work again?

Annonn said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Take some time to just calm down. Making emotional decisions is almost never the right choice. Just give him some time to cool off, and see what happens and if he makes a move. Meanwhile, find activities that preoccupy you — something you find enjoyable of course.

Vivid Melody said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Maybe he didn’t find your apology genuine or has lost trust…needs time to think. Whatever the case, the ball is in his court. So long as you have made it known that you don’t plan on making it a habit and your apology was heartfelt – that is the best you can do. Just give him space.

Helena B said 10 years, 5 months ago:

It’s sometimes tough when you have certain slips which bear repercussions on the one you love, mhm. However you’ve realized you hurt them, and you feel bad for it, and that’s a plus, it’s a sign you do care and that the slip was die to emotional stress or whatnot. Also the fact he’s been so affected by it means he cares a lot about you, therefore he got hurt. So that means you’ve hope mhm.
If it’s been two weeks and you haven’t received a reply, then perhaps you should sit and write him an honest email, explaining why you snapped, and that you feel bad for it.. and that you’ll work towards some resolve so these incidents won’t happen again.. first and foremost show him that you CARE enough to strive to make things better. and that you are aware of the situation. And most importantly, that you love him, and want him with you, and that you’ll work towards making it better, for you and for the both of you. Write him an email or better yet, try and meet up with him to have a conversation about this, communication is always key, leads to a path of mutual understanding and will clear any thoughts he might have about this incident that you will most certainly explain and dissipate.
Be strong, and open yourself to yourself and to him mhm :’)

virgo said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I think he is ignoring me.:( he even changed his facebook chat setting so I won’t see him online. I did inbox him on fb..now I’m waiting for his reply..but I’m expecting the worst.:(

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

All you can do is make the best amends you can make; it sounds like you did and the ball indeed is in his court. I know it hurts; it sounds like you are hurt now. We don’t have control over others. People will not always accept our amends, but that does not make us bad or unforgiveable. I hope he talks to you. If he doesn’t, I hope you can just learn from this and go on to the next thing. You are not a bad person. You don’t deserve endless punishment.

RDA said 10 years, 4 months ago:

If this is something that happens more often then it’s probably because of your temper. I have a friend who can be very emotional and he actually becomes visibly, physically tense. Now, you can’t do anything about your temper, but you can try to develop control over how you act on your emotions. Consciously taking deep breaths tends to have a soothing effect. Just try to take your time to think what might be the best thing to say. It takes practice to learn how to do this and it may not work for you, but you can try it next time this happens. Just don’t be too hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes.

As for your boyfriend; it’s really up to him now. If it does end, try to see it as a lesson.

Humanist Hope said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Hello, Miss Virgo and thank you for sharing your feelings with us, you do seem to be going through an emotional gauntlet currently.

I must concur with Mr. APLU before me, you cannot make your loved one forgive you. You have apologized and practically prostrated yourself before him, now keep going on with your life until he either makes his decision, or until such time as you feel enough time has passed that you make it for him.

It is understandable that you don’t want to be hurt anymore, but nobody enjoys having even one emotional spat with a lover, but you seem to have more than that, so his distance may be indicative of a much deeper hurt than you are aware.

I recommend that you seek out a medical professional and determine if your emotional lashing out may be due to an undiagnosed disorder. You may be able to save yourself a great deal of grief by getting yourself evaluated, because then you will know better how to go about coping with your concerns.

Please check back in and keep us updated on how things are going. Remember that you are not alone, and you matter.

Jade D. said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Hey! seems like maybe he’s really mad. what is he mad over? this is crucial information on how to help. as for right now I think he wants you to keep calling and texting him. he could have felt lack of control in the relationship and wants to feel that. don’t text him or call him for a while… scare him a little. don’t worry about him getting with some other girl unless its a big fight. maybe he just wants a break… breaks are sometimes needed.. but not good because sometimes when guys say that they want to just break it off and not have to say it like that.

virgo said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I sent him a text recently..I apologized from the bottom of my heart..but he didn’t reply it..I think its time to move on.:( it hurts..but what’s the point of making him stay..:(

becausemeagan said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Honestly, I have done that many times before to my boyfriend. I feel the best way to get him to answer again is to just given him time. I think guys dont understand that sometimes our emotions surface very easily. We are more sensitive then guys. If he doesnt answer within a good amount then maybe its time to reconsider your relationship.