Alex said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve tried to push myself to create forums and ask questions in order to find answers to my problems and fix my emotions, but I always fall short of completing them. Anyone else out there an apathetic, careless, obsessive, vitriolic, seemingly sophisticated, fake, lying, emotionally reserved, and romantically uninvolved freak like me?

How can I motivate myself to open up more? How can I revitalize my sensitivity towards others when the last 3 years I’ve been completely desensitized to gruesome images, gore, human suffering, and to the feelings of others? I cannot seem to bring myself to come to terms with my mistakes and move on, and yet I keep fooling myself into believing that everyone around me are the imperfect human beings.

Help me rewire myself psychologically?
Any experiences, advice, or comments are more than welcome, they’re needed.

Thank you, I feel as though I owe you my sanity for simply reading through all this..

MissAnalysis said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I used to be like that. I would sit in my room from the time I got home until the it was time to go to school the next day and then over and over again. I didn’t care about what others were going through because it felt like no one cared about what I was going through. As far as your mistakes and moving on, there are two key steps I have found that are VITAL in overcoming anything. First step is to recognize the problem, which you already have (which is needing to get over your mistakes and move on) the second step is acceptance. You have got to accept that you made these mistakes but you aren’t like that anymore (and if you are realize you CAN change that). You need to realize that you are human and everything in this world makes mistakes. It’s how you overcome them that make you stronger and build your character. Every mistake is forgivable. You are your own worst enemy. You are holding yourself to the mistakes. It almost seems to me like your mind is holding you to the idea that you are less than something special all because you made mistakes when in reality it’s normal to make mistakes. NO one is perfect! As far as the trickery, everyone in their own was is unique, they makes their own mistakes, and no one person is like another. I used to think the same about others like you do until I realized that people are their own being and they are allowed to do what is best for them. If you are surrounded with people that you can’t stand or don’t agree with or get along with, you don’t HAVE to be around them. Find common interests with people and connect with some on a positive level. You are not the only one who has ever made mistakes, time heals it and positivity really helps. I reached my breaking point of always being alone, never being heard, hating the world. It was a dark moment in my life. I realized there is something out there that is for me to do whether it be a hobby, helping people, anything that would turn away negative thoughts. Just remember this will NOT be an overnight thing, but just posting this is the first step for you to get better and break the vicious cycle of negative thoughts. If you want me to, I’ll be here for the ride with you! You’re obviously not alone any more because you are on here with all of us. I hope you find the clarity you are looking for in life and if you need me, let me know! <3