Flora said 10 years ago:

So, I would consider myself an agnostic because I believe in science and am open minded. However, I don’t believe there is a god who created the earth in 7 days, or that there is an after life. So, does that make me an atheist?

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

Uhm, this chart might help, see where you stand:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/yX0vu.png

You can also check the definitions of Absurdism and Apatheism, to see if you find yourself closer to those.

Humanist Hope said 10 years ago:

Believes in science, not god or any other supernatural religion = atheist.

agnostic = undecided

Evergreen said 10 years ago:

Regardless of whether or not you are open minded, if you believe firmly in science and it has the answers to your questions regarding controversies such as life after death, creation of the world/universe, etc. Then you are an Atheist. Atheist’s can be open minded if they choose to be, being open minded does not automatically make you an Agnostic.

Agnostics believe that it’s impossible for anyone to say “All of this is wrong” and/or “Only this is correct”. Honestly, the reason why I’m an Agnostic is because I feel that I haven’t yet researched religion (Interpret religious texts, experience religious gatherings, events) and areas of science well enough for me to sit down and make a decision that religion is wrong full stop.

Personally, I think most Atheists are stupid. Why? Because they don’t know two ***** about religion yet they can somehow dismiss all of it. For instance nearly every Atheist I have spoken to doesn’t even know what Diwali is.

Flora said 10 years ago:

Okay, thanks for the comments. So, I am 100% sure I am an atheist because I have studied religion, went to church all my life and I still don’t believe there is a god or gods. I respect everyone for their own views about religion and I hope they will respect mine.

Glad you’re clearer on what you are. =)

Staceylou said 10 years ago:

I always thought athieism is when you don’t believe in any religion overall, agnostic people are undecided. Either weay it’s your belief and you’re entitled to believe in whatever you want. :)

Flora said 10 years ago:

Thanks Staceylou!! It’s difficult to openly believe there is no god because people look down on anyone who believes this way. I’m not a bad person and I don’t need religion to be a good one either. Thanks everyone for the support.

No problem at all. Also just a quick note that people can be religious and also follow science. It’s not true that people who believe in science can’t be religious.

Victor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Agnostic. I am undecided where I stand because there is no way that anything can be 100%. Though I do believe in science, because science is obviously there, but I don’t believe 100% in any religious factors.

bricheese said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I know for me I have to say I am agnostic because you can’t prove or disprove a god in anyway. I think if anything religion provides some sort of answer to fundamental questions such as what is the purpose of a life, where did I come from, what will happen when I die. But the thing for me after taking a few philosophy classes and discussing these things is that there aren’t any right or wrong answers and we should all explore them ourselves not just buy into an ideology fed to us so that’s what I think agnosticism provides the possibility of exploration.

Rogue said 9 years, 11 months ago:

who says you cant believe in both science and religion ?
im muslim and i believe in both and both are actually very related

respect to all of you guys.

rik said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I was agnostic for a brief period until i realized i am as agnostic to god as i am agnostic to Micky mouse so went all the way and called my self an atheist. any way atheist, agnostic or religious its all the same as long as people are constructive.