Ruhoodenough said 11 years, 1 month ago:

March 10, 2013
Topic: Education System

April:
ok im one who believes school is stupid. its good to have a base of things. like learning basics of math english ect.. but after middle school i think we should not be forced to take extra math or science classes because not everyone is gonna need to know calculus or something.

Rae :
I disagree. Sure i mean math is kind of useless in the real world. But everything else is big. Like literature and science are big. Almost everything has a base of scientific knowledge behind it. And i mean literature is important because all the things that English contains makes a big difference. The types of English language. Grammar, figurative language, ect. It makes a huge difference in our ability to read and write.

April:
english is the only subject that should be manditory. if they made the classes harder or made it so the kids learned more then science and history should be good. but besides that

Rae :
And the way the school system is arranged, its critical to the pupil. the stages: Elementary, Junior high, High school, and college. Those are the steps of maturing and growing into this world. Each structure complies with us finding who we want to be, what we plan to do. And most the time, the pattern of society repeats. Our parents went to school to do just the same. And once they have found that desire of choosing in work force it all continues from there. We go through this system so our future generations could live a better life. Become successful.

April:
you have a point there. they should push a tad bit harder on the elementary schoolers and the middle schoolers. so by high school everything wouldnt be so harsh on them.

Rae:
Well you have to understand it falls together with age groups. The standards they use for each grade abide by with the maturity and development of the child. The things we taught in each level are to match with our ability to learn it. So with each stage our mind evolves.
By the time of high school our mind has the capability of adults. Therefore, the pressure of becoming one.
In Elementary you are way to young. And in middle school your barely a teenager. You start to acquire hormones and other maturing details. So by the time of ending high school you’ve grown into those hormones, making you the adult.

April:
well push them a lil bit. kids have potential thats being unused and either that change the system where its less overwhelming. everything seems to become more based on math yet math is the hardest subject for a good percent of the population.

Rae :
But think about where we are currently standing.Things have become harder due to the economy. Less teachers, more students. The population of the world is over-whelming.The number of students in a classroom is increasing each year. Making that the ratio of 50-70 students and 1 teacher. Its getting much more difficult to teach the more complex subjects to classrooms filled with mostly distracted adolescence. The people controlling the school systems like the board see it as high schoolers have much more experience, making them the objective. The more they push responsibility on the higher the grade levels, the faster and easier the future generations can be. We depend of the future generations. Especially high schoolers now because they are the closest to the future.

Rae:
You can’t push these qualifications on younger students because they haven’t reached the point of maturity.

April:
true. i have no idea what could be done about over population. but a lot of highschoolers are failing. they should change the high school system to make it less traumatic. the electives should be a choice. i understand they are helpful but if the student cant get by with the manditories, they should make their school day shorter in a sence. idk they should make acceptions besides just a nother school

Rae :
I agree.

April:
school should be more focused on the students and their situations. like if someone misses so much days , they should. instead of making them do so much ammount of work, should go over the more important stuff and work on their stuff induvidually. and the classes should be MUCH smaller. unfortunatley, because of overpopulation that cant happen though

Rae :
But its become survival of the fittest. If you can’t make the cut then you aren’t important for our future. And its upsetting its come down to that. But as America, right now, we are failing as an nation. We need strong, willing people to run and support this country. What if they just let any person with the couple credits be in charge of big companies. Companies that actually make us strive somewhat. We need the best of the best, you get it. High schoolers haven’t even seen the hard part, yet.

April:
yeah thats true. they need to base things off of the persons actual intullectual skill, instead of what the transcript says. i agree with the strong willing people. our country needs to mold those people better. and that comes into parenting also
Ra
That’s for another night, aha (; These students have to prove they deserve their future. We all depend on each-other to live. And if your wall isn’t sturdy, who’s going to want to stand behind it. If its too easy to break through, then you aren’t safe. Figuratively speaking~

Who won? Leave your comments on what you have to say about the topic.

What should the next topic be?

Mayur said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Wo wo wo,hold a sec,u ppl are debating herec?? Lol..i m in,maths is as much important as important is the basic needs alright.without maths its useless.ya but i also agree that high class topics like inegrals,statistics,random processes and calculus are not required for everyone.

No, i just do it because i like winning at everything. But yes.

KittyXxo said 11 years, 1 month ago:

I definitely agree with a lot of key points made here. I say this a lot to my sister, we’re all older now, in our 20′s, and you come to realize that a lot of stuff they pounded into our brains in highschool and in middle school are definitely not needed. The basic math, english, learning a bit of another language, and basic science are essential to understand a bit of how the world works. But once you hit college, a lot of the detailed stuff is retaught back to you anyway based on your specific major and career of choice. Of course in such a case as a profession like a doctor, or even an architect, it’s important to know more than just the fundamentals, but overall, you don’t really remember a lot of the stuff that teachers SWEAR you’re going to use later on in life.

I would also like to say that as children, I believe our capacity to learn is only limited by the authority figure responsible for raising us. In other countries, more is expected of a child at age 2 than what you would expect a child to understand here in the US at this age. We limit children based on what WE feel they’re capable of understanding, not realizing at these stages, a child’s mind is like a sponge and is willing and ready to absorb anything you mentally feed them. They don’t know the difference between spelling a “hard” word or an “easy” word. All they understand is that an authority figure (parents or teacher) says to do this and that, and they repeat the pattern and put things together based on their understanding of it. How do I know this is so? Well because children are able to learn an entire cultural language enough to speak clearly by the time they’re ages 2-4 years old. Be it english or japanese, they adapt to what they’re being fed.

So how would a child know the difficulty level between the word “salt” and “Sodium Cholride”? Simply put – they don’t. I believe that when we’re young, we should be taught the basics of what needs to be understood in order to get around in this world, however we should not be limited at a young age by what a teacher or parent thinks is too hard, as well as we should have been able to choose afterwards what specific subject to focus on based on genuine interest. It’s usually those in society who refuse to remain in a box that end up being the bread winners of the world by coming up with new inventions and discovering ground breaking information by genuinely focusing on subject matters that MATTER to THEM.

Great Points ! @KittyXxo