Atlas said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Hi all I’m trying to find a certain type of book to read. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a fantasy book about a lonely adventurer? Possibly filled with monsters, magic, swords, similar to dnd.

Thank you

Modest Butter said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Witcher saga is mostly about a loner adventurer

SadLife said 8 years, 10 months ago:

watch anime :D free and addictive

Sammihayley said 8 years, 9 months ago:

My boyfriend loves fantasy books and says try White Wolf by David Gemmell… he says it’s not quite dnd but it meets your criteria. Hope this helps! :)

TiffanyRae said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Just read Blood and Iron by T.M Johnson. Freaking amazing! It’s unlike anything you have ever read!

http://bookstore.xlibris.com/AdvancedSearch/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=Blood+and+Iron

Deleted User said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Green Rider by Kristen Britain
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Half a War by Joe Abercrombie
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
Terrier by Tamora Pierce
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

And many more!

LauraSharp said 8 years, 8 months ago:

The Passage by Justin Cronin – It is an apocalyptic epic about a virus intended to be used to better mankind and cure disease but turns them into monsters. It was tested on death row inmates at first and then a young girl called Amy but she develops a mild form of the disease and basically is a kind of super human. It spans from the present day into far out into a dystopian future and the monsters are essentially vampires but depicted in a very animalistic/zombie like way. It also details the specific characters which is great as there is a really deep side to the story too. This book is the first of a trilogy but the third book hasnt been released yet. It is definitely my favourite book.

Deleted User said 8 years, 8 months ago:

Anyone read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel?

Bubstaa said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Fitz from Robin Hobb’s the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies is sorta a lonely adventurer. Especially in the beginning. He’s not really an adventurer but still tends to act pretty much alone because of what he does, iirc. I read those books a few years back. Still good anyways.

Hopefullylesspretentious said 8 years, 7 months ago:

The Name of the Wind. Nothing else can compare.

Aiya said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I agree to “the name of the wind” comment. It’s the best fantasy book ever. – I’m sorry, Mr. Tolkien.