LittleLychee said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I broke up with my boyfriend about a week ago because I needed space, I needed time. On Tuesday, he told me he’d hooked with someone. I was okay with that. But then I heard his number of “friends with benefits” has gone up.

I feel pretty rubbish about it, to be honest. I’m not jealous because of the other girls, per se, just that he’s doing so well. I’m struggling.

To me, it just reinforces every bad thought I’ve ever had about myself; I’m disposable, replaceable. I’m nothing special and never will be. I wouldn’t be missed if I disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow.

I’ve never had great confidence; I grew up fat, got bullied a lot and stayed fat. But this… is destroying me.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 10 months ago:

First, limit your exposure to how awesome your ex is trying to look while handling the breakup. You can probably easily double his numbers if that’s what you wanted to do, but you don’t want because it would feel cheap. Cheap like feeling the need to tell you that he hooked up with someone. You definitely aren’t something he doesn’t care about, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok to trying to hurt you, so block him for a while.

sharkvee said 9 years, 9 months ago:

You’re certainly not disposable or replaceable, no matter how terrible you feel about yourself at one point remember that you’re the only YOU here.

And this isn’t the end of the road for you emotionally or romantically. Somebody else may be out there for you and instill that confidence.

Яadia Hips said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Your ex’s new single life is no reflection on you, but on himself. He’s doing whatever he has to in order to live his life happily, which is something you have to practice, day by day, action by action. Practice envisioning the the life you want and take it one action at a time to emulate that. Don’t try to be your ideal self overnight, as anything worth anything takes some patience and perseverance.

You especially need to cease looking at your weight as something you can’t change if you don’t want to (unless you have a severe thyroid condition). If you feel your weight is the reason you have low self esteem, then make some short fitness goals, don’t think of your weight, merely of wanting to feel better, and being in better shape will make you feel better even if you emotionally have more to deal with.

I can tell you that you’re amazing and will find the right person, but life isn’t scripted in that way, the story comes along as you fuel it with ideas for your future.

#inspirationalshit

rinseandrep said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Interesting, one can delete their own actions from the activity feed and somewhat hide to the community their comments, unless one specifically opens the thread.

@radiahips his insults are still there because nobody flagged him yet. He hid his behavior from the community, otherwise it would rain reports. It’s an unfair comparison.

(◣_◢)Poet said 9 years, 9 months ago:

That was my case after a breakup with someone i felt close with. They moved on a lot faster than myself and it made me feel like crap. I later understood that those are selfish feelings and feeling selfish about your relationship with another person sort of taints your genuine feeling for them, because now you associate them with being pissed off or depressed.

Since that relationship i’ve been in a few others, which taught me that while it can hurt to break ties with someone you’ve bonded with, if you allow yourself to be happy that you had the privileged to bond (however you do that) with this person and that for a portion of their life they choose you to share it with, then no matter what economy you live within, time will always be a valuable asset; to have it expended on you says you have value and you have a reason to feel good.

If you want to feel valuable to another again, try spending some time on yourself to learn how to value yourself as more than an asset to another, but an asset to your self.

BlahTherapy Moderation said 9 years, 9 months ago:

There are no favorites. If you are aware of another user being abusive or inflammatory, and I have not caught it yet, report it to my inbox.

LittleLychee said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I have a medical condition that prevents me losing weight.

I’ve been working the last four months, surviving on UP TO a child’s RDA of calories because of my shift patterns, running around like a maniac at work, up and down stairs, etc. I’ve lost… about a dress size, absolute tops. Some days I don’t eat AT ALL because I just don’t have the time or the inclination.

What I DO eat is healthy – protein, not too many carbs (they make me feel bloated), plenty of veggies and some dairy. I keep an eye on my fats and sugars.

DarthBunny said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I can relate to you when you say you were bullied, the same happened to me as I was one of the smallest in school and got picked on relentlessly. We think we move on from such torment until something such as this happens and it seems to all come flooding back and it kicks us while we are already on the ground.

However, you are not disposable and you are 100% NOT replaceable. You are very special to everyone who knows you, and if you disappeared they would all be devastated. I completely understand what you are going through, we have some differences but pain is pain and I understand.

The truth is, karma will have it’s turn with him. He should know, having had been in a relationship with you, that his actions while you are trying to heal will only make the process THAT much more difficult. While that may not be comforting now, while you are trying to move forward from this – begin doing something that makes you feel amazing.

For example, if you like to dance – go to dancing classes. You may meet new people who will introduce you to other people and you will find that it is easier to move on just by being in the company with individuals whom are positive and loving.

I promise you that although you may feel like he’s “moved on” he probably hasn’t and the things he’s doing is probably some sick and self-destructive way of his “coping”. If it isn’t, he’s just a you-know-what-hole.

Either way, you deserve someone as wonderful as yourself. Do not think for a second that you are replaceable, because you’re not. Think of how much stronger you will be when things begin looking up. This will be, of course, a slow process to move on from. The first step though, in my opinion, is cut your communication as much as you can. Don’t cut him off completely, but do not communicate with him to the point where he could potentially play with your feelings.

Best of luck to you sweet girl. xo

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

#prayforwhales

rinseandrep said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Again with the abusive comments @arcadium

BlahTherapy Moderation said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Abusive language will not be tolerated.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@littlelychee
Our Father who art in heaven