Soveri said 10 years, 4 months ago:

He hasn’t contacted me in a few days, and in these days I feel the most freedom, and yet the most crushing loneliness I have ever experienced. You see, I didn’t have very many friends. The ones I had were close to me, and I told them practically everything. I accept all the guilt of leaving them when they were the ones frantically trying to keep me safe. My boyfriend cut me off from them as he discovered the things they were saying about him. I believed him. Fast forward about 2 years, and I’m at university, trying to regain my broken social life. I have had no friends in the time being with this guy, and I am utterly torn, feeling unable to gain any new ones due to my shy, timid nature to overtly obtuse demeanor depending on how intimidated or scared I feel in a social environment. I am aghast at how my self-confidence has plummeted in these years. And I am so crushed. If I were to leave him, I would feel even more alone, seeing as how he made himself my only sense of support. My family does not understand; they antagonize him and tell me to leave, but do not offer any support other than those words. I am at loss at what to do, and would love some support from my peers.

Alice956 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I know that feel… it really sucks to be alone. But try not to give up hope. Just step out of your boundaries a little, try to make a new friend. If they aren’t nice to you, then heck, they don’t deserve you. Find some friends who will think of you and all of your loved ones highly. :)

Oli said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I’m here for you, you are not alone, stay strong, you are a amazing and beautiful person. (hugs)