Jane Doe said 10 years, 6 months ago:

When I was 13 years old I used to cut, a lot. For three years I couldn’t leave the house without a long sleeved shirt on because of how obvious they were. There was no such thing as a solution until my mom told me that she would allow me to get tattoos to cover them all up. I now have a tattoo of roses and vines spiraling down my arms starting from my shoulder. I had really noticeable deep cuts on my upper arm and whenever I went out in public with them revealed I would always be stared or pointed at. I was tired of something that I had done three years still effecting me, something that I don’t do now by the way, and I really needed a cheap way to get rid of them that wasn’t plastic surgery. It was very beneficiary for me and I am very glad that I had covered them up, though the tattoo is not all the way done, I cannot wait to get it finished.

Diggs said 10 years, 6 months ago:

that`s beautiful, I hope things continue to get better

DuyosvgiWaya said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Tattoos are very healing. Someone may not know what it means to you, but in your own manner your putting yourself out there.

LovelornMoth said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I think it’s wonderful how you were able to cover it up with something beautiful.
It’s productive, and cathartic, in a sense.

I hope things continue to go well for you.

Best wishes!

sieg said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Yep, covering scars with tattoos is good idea. I had these ugly scars on both of my hands and I have tattoos there now. c:
But good luck to you xx