But quit.

You walk tall and carefree
While you left me weak
Tortured, and empty

Are you pleased?
It’s now 5 years down the road, and the one I hate the most is
ME!

Thoughts.
They plague my dreams. Use my mind as a playing field with images of what YOU caused!

Remember how you told me to keep my mouth shut?
How about you take a glance at the scars across my wrist?
A reminder of those words with each cut

Trust.
Something you broke so effortlessly for your own satisfaction
While they look at ME in disgust!

Are monsters like you even aware?
Committing actions so horrific
You’re too caught up in the high to even care!

I hope you rot.
Ruining a child’s life, for the sake of your sick fun
Hoping I had forgot!

Go to hell.
While you sit there, all alone with your remorseful thoughts
In your own little cell

You know what you did!
Didn’t your mother teach you right from wrong?
I was just a little kid!

I dare you to try to deny
I’m now suicidal, depressed and asking only myself
WHY?

Gracie said 10 years, 6 months ago:

You’re not alone.

That’s what they say to tell people who’ve gone through what you’ve gone through, that’s what they tell me, and personally, I think it’s bullshit.

Yeah, other people have gone through it, but we’re still alone. No one we interact with knows personally what it’s like, and they just constantly try to comfort us. But they don’t know.

What they need to tell people is that you’re loved.

I don’t even know you, but I love you. Your poetry is marvelous. You’re still here, after everything you’ve been through. That’s incredible. YOU’RE incredible. I love you, because you’re amazing.

Talk to people who know what you’re going through or what you’ve gone through. They’ll know what to say that isn’t some cliche phrase that’s been overused for years.

You’re special. You’re fantastic. You’re strong. You can make it through this. Please don’t hurt yourself. Please don’t kill yourself. If you do, there’ll be one less remarkable person here on Earth.

Love,
Gracie.

ocean.breeze said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Dani that was a very beautiful poem. It really it close to home because those are the same thoughts that I have been thinking for years. It’s true that no one will ever understand our personal journey or experience, but alot of people feel this way about these things.

I grew up thinking that I was the only one and that there was something wrong with me. It wasn’t until I heard similar stories from other people that I realised that I wasn’t alone in this.

You’re such a beautiful girl with such a big heart. I’d hate to see this suck all the joy out of you, you don’t deserve that. You deserve to be happy and to feel loved and valued – because that is who you are. Someone that is worth more than money can buy.

I hope that it gets better for you Dani, please let me know if you ever want to talk :)

Elenie