LittleMissNobody said 10 years, 1 month ago:

it’s addicting, but how do you stop it?

Kira Wolf said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I managed to stop when I started bleeding a lot. i didn’t want it to get suspicious. Another way is to use a crayon. It needs to be a new crayon to get the best results. Draw on yourself where you want to cut (you are cutting, right?) and press hard. I use black because my blood is dark for some unknown reason, and also because I like the color black. You can use any color, although red is best if you enjoy seeing the blood. It hurts when you press down, just enough to convince yourself that you are hurting yourself. This will keep you from really harming yourself, and it calms you down. Hope this helped.

Superfly said 10 years, 1 month ago:

go visit shrink

LoverOfPitBulls101 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Shrinks don’t always help. Seeing one just made me worse :P Shadow mentioned a great alternative for when you feel like you absolutely must cut. Try to find something that interests you and that you enjoy and try to think about things you are happy for. So, it’s a lot easier said than done but looking in from a positive perspective helps a lot. It’s going to be a hard road but just remember that you’re better than the addiction and you’ll over come it!

The Ear said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I’d recommend avoiding any sort of triggers you may have noticed (Knives, although it could be less obvious such as certain people or certain places), a stress ball, or listening to a song that completely relaxes you. I listen to stuff like Nujabes, and I just feel like going to sleep, really. Of course, this pretty much goes without saying, but avoid any sort of conflict with people, as an argument has a tendency to stay on the mind for a lot longer than you might expect.
A good way to slowly ween yourself off is by using apps like Way of Life every now and then and Breathe, which my girlfriend use. They seem to really help her. Good luck!

Randomization1998 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

It is an actual chemical addiction so you need to find some way to give yourself small adrenaline rushes. A common idea is to get an elastic band and flick it off your wrist. It twinges a little but leaves no lasting mark and is very safe.