Valentina Chacón said 10 years ago:

“God’s kindness has the capacity to break us and encourage us at the same time; to lead us to a repentance that is full of hope and joy.”
— Paul Washer

Viscaria said 10 years ago:

Yeah, God kills people around us all the time because he loves us. God doesn’t care about our pain and suffering because he loves us. God will condemn his children to hell because he loves us. God is racist, murderous, and sexist, because he loves us. How unbelievably kind he is. Keep telling yourself that…

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

You have to be the bigger person and let religious people be religious without raining on their parade. She is not sending this to you, let her be.

When organized religions stop being the source of killing people all the time and stops encouraging hatred, then i’ll consider being a bigger person.

rinseandrep said 10 years ago:

Religion saves lives and encourage love too, things aren’t black and white, this kind of reasoning is what gets people protesting a gay soldier funeral, you want change, be the change you want to see.

That doesn’t make it alright – I assure you it’s done more bad than good, especially considering we know what does exist and what we don’t know for sure. It’s went past the point of trying to be civil when it’s causing so much destruction.

Siddharth Raj said 10 years ago:

@viscariapr

Religion is just a front used by people who want to wage wars. It is just an excuse used by manipulative people to entrap gullible people in their philosophy.

This doesn’t make religion bad. This doesn’t make the rest of the religious people bad. This only makes the wrong-doers bad. The poster here hasn’t hurt anyone especially in the name of religion.

By the way, this is coming from a hardcore atheist. Live and let live.

The thing is, it’s entirely hypocritical. The Bible itself is full of things no one on this earth in their right mind would agree with – so why do people choose to pick what they want to follow and what they don’t want to follow? They should just follow their own beliefs without sticking to a religion that, at it’s core, isn’t what they believe in. Just because it’s extremely popular does not mean that I need to be accepting and okay with it.

OCaptain said 10 years ago:

“You know, I felt pretty wise. Sh*t matters. Even if we can’t figure it out. Even if we are ruled by devils. Even if my days don’t mean anything. I just hope I die while hugging, and not in a wine drinking contest.” – Baby Cakes

Xatnys said 10 years ago:

@oldseacaptain you may be the coolest person ever for quoting Baby cakes in religious discourse, but i’m also angry that i wasn’t the first one to think of it.