Blinding me, so I don’t see

Shamefully hiding from the light
Life, forever lived at night

Afraid of what your gaze may see
When it finally shines on me

Dirty, disgusting, covered in grime.
The sight of a boy, lost in time.

Between a girl who spread pain and lies
And the possibilities seen in Angel’s eyes.

The world lit up, my world, decayed.
Your light leaves me, begging to be saved.

But all that’s good does eventually fade.
Everything bright will return to the shade.

Reality is, everything lives and then dies,
But life is still beautiful in those Angel’s eyes.

Tommy said 10 years, 4 months ago:

This is my first post on this website. I don’t know how comfortable I would feel on some of the other forums; but I love to write poetry. I figured the best place for me to be comfortable would be with sharing some of my poetry with those who might enjoy it and want to know more about it.

Loren said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I really liked this, perhaps a brief misinterpretation, though I guess we assume to what we know, is the angel a euphemism, or a latent, literal angel?

Tommy said 9 years, 8 months ago:

A lot of my poems play with ideas like that.. It makes me happy to see people interpret things for themselves..

But what it was that inspired me was this feeling I would get every time this one girl would look at me. A mixture of nice, positive, warm feelings with the fear and anxieties of feeling vulnerable in her sight. At the time, this angel wasn’t a literal angel, but just someone with beautiful eyes who was capable of drawing you in, making you feel safe and cared for. :)

Loren said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Dang! Cliched “aww,” haha. So in a way, I guess it implies she’s (or her glance) is the one static occurrence to be anticipated. Maybe? Well, I liked it!

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I’m glad you liked it :) I’m surprised anyone ventured that far back into the poetry group to find it :)
So thank you!

Dilan said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I loved it, you’re really talented. I’d like to chat with you sometime
:)

Thank you :) Your compliments are really nice.. I would love to have a chat whenever you’re available for one! :)

Lonelyheart said 9 years, 8 months ago:

nice poem

Thank you! :)

MissDecember'sFire said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Beautiful! The emotion hit me like a brick. Gorgeous expression. I really enjoyed reading it.