Rob said 10 years ago:

I’ve always been a shy guy, introverted but still comfortable in my own skin with my family/friends. They would always go to bat for me when trying to set me up with gals, as they knew me best.
Now because of several events and losing friends, I had to move to the opposite corner of the country for the good of my family (and myself, begrudgingly).
I’ve been here 4 months, and I haven’t made anyone close to what I consider a friend. I’ve had social anxiety around women for some time, but now it’s with the same sex as well. The grief of what caused me to move coupled with the stress of the move has made love look like an impossibility.
Loved ones have always called me a hopeless romantic, with every short relationship I’ve had the gal leaves first. Romance just seems hopeless.

Nutmeg said 10 years ago:

Never is ever hopeless Rob!!!! You’re incredibly romantic, love is clearly in your blood and meant to happen for you. If you’re ever nervous to talking to people, just so what I do: I say to myself “These people are people like me. They’re scared people will laugh at them or make fun if them just like me. What have I got to be scared of!!!! They’re just me like me. What’s the worst get can happen anyway!!!!”
Face your fears and you’ll realise they’re never as bad as you think, trust me. You’re a nice guy I’m sure you’ll find done grey friends soon!!!! Good luck!!! Xxx