LovesickFool said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I know people say once a cheater always a cheater, but that’s not the case here. A couple months ago I thought my boyfriend and I were having a fall out, and I hooked up with someone else. I didn’t enjoy it at all, I just felt alone. He found out like last week and we were supposed to move in together this week. He’s angry, and that’s totally understandable. I’ve owned up for my mistakes, and he’s gone through my phone records to make sure I haven’t done anything else. I don’t want to lose him. I would literally give the world for him. He’s still talking to me but he’s saying a lot of hateful things, which I understand is because he’s angry. Advice? I’ve cried more in the past three days than I have my entire life.

LovesickFool said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I guess I should include that we’ve been long distance. I didn’t feel like I was getting enough attention from him. He told me he was just bad at showing emotions. We’ve flown to see each other enough though.

Pramit said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Make him believe that it was that *single* time that you felt leaving him and let him know that you weren’t much happy with the other guy either. You have done a good thing that you owned up and avoided a more complicated situation. There’s every reason for him to be angry and it’s quite natural that he would say harsh things. Since you two are still on talking terms, I think it’s just a matter of time before he starts thinking rationally about the situation. Just make him feel that he means the world to you. Try your best and I’m sure he’ll understand you.

Stop crying, please, and try to be with him as much as possible now and make him re-live the best moments of the relationship that you two had and will have in the future. :)

MemorableFriend said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Unfortunatly you may not want to hear this, but this could be the end for you two. Trust is one of the hardest things in the world to get, and the easiest to lose.

Even if he decides that he still loves you and wants to stay with you, I don’t know if he’ll ever be able to trust you again.

I think all you can do is try to explain your situation. Tell him that you felt like you two were drifting apart. Tell him that you love him so much but you felt like he was drifting away and you felt like you were heading to a break up.

If he felt like this only happened because you felt like you had already broken up, he may be able to forgive you and perhaps return trust. But that would also probably always make him paranoid about you actually feeling loved.

Chwati:) said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I suggest you do some re-evaluation. You knew it was a mistake but why did you do it in the first place? Once you’re honest with yourself, do the needful and if you still think your place is next to him, tell him everything. Tell him in the most comprehensive way possible to a guy and then you can try fix things. Don’t worry about “once a cheater always a cheater part”. You need to be sure of what you want and trust yourself as well as your partner if you want to be faithful.

NeverSunset said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Don’t do that again. It’s not right to do that, when he never said break up to you. That’s all I can say. I’ve been in a relationship with a girl for a year and half, and know what? She married to her ex, without telling me, and what’s more, everytime I asked her if she want to leave, she said she doesn’t want to break up. She meant the world to me, and she betrayed me, cheated, and MARRIED. So I kinda know how your bf feels. I’m not the best person to support you, but a piece of advice, NEVER do it again. I know you won’t do it again, if you truly feels that you don’t want to lose him, you can explain to him. It’s hard to make him trust you, after all, trust is like a piece of paper, once crumbled will never be the same, but it’s worth trying, don’t give up.