Braig said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hey, right now I want to get advice on what to do in this situation but not from someone I know in case of bias.
Basically, I’ve started liking this girl for around 2-3 weeks now. I only met her at a party and never talked to her before, and after the party she sent me a friend request on Facebook and we started talking. We have a lot in common and we seem to both get along well.
I have two things I want advice on, everytime I message her, I’m the one to start the conversation, with her only doing it once to reply to a message she didn’t realize I sent. Should I not try if I have to start the conversation each time?
The second thing is, I have no idea how to ask her out. I came up with 3 solutions (Feel free to give others). I can either wait till a party at the end of March where she could be invited to along with me and ask her there, ask my friend to invite her(and 1 or 2 of her friends so she doesn’t feel awkward by herself) to a party next week and ask her there, and just ask would she be interested over Facebook.
Thanks for listening.

marcella01 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Well, there’s a couple of things here to address. If she’s not the one initiating conversations, then I would try backing off a little until she does initiate one. See how long it takes her. If it takes her more than a week where there’s nothing intense going on in her life, maybe you should back off a little.

As far as asking her out, it’s always best to ask someone out in person. I know it’s easier over facebook, but it feels impersonal, and you’re more likely to get a positive response if you do it in person. Being face to face with someone allows them to assess whether or not they like you right there, rather than mull it over and over. Besides, even if she says no right there, at least you’ll know right then. With FB, she could literally just ignore your message and you’ll never get a response.

Try asking her out at your next in-person meeting. That’s my opinion.

Braig said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Okay I guess I’ll wait a little while, chances are that I won’t be happy with the result though. What do you mean “If it takes her more than a week where there’s nothing intense going on in her life”? And should I ask my friend to invite her (and her friends) to his party or should I wait till the one later on?