Mia said 9 years, 3 months ago:

There is this guy, we’ll call him Connor. Connor and I, since day 1 have hated each other for no reason, well not hate, but we never exactly got along either. I would make fun of him, he would make fun of me, we’d snap at each other and stuff. But at other times Connor and I, we’re like best friends, we laugh at the same things and get the same jokes. He asks me for help and I ask him for help and stuff. But at others we’re clawing at each others throats. We’ve been like this for 4 years.

About a week ago, I got this crazy thought in my head that I liked him. Then I started digging deeper and I definitely like him. A lot, I love every little detail and flaw. But the thing is I feel like and I know that he doesn’t see me as a girl or anyone special. He has 0.5% interest in me.

I’m scared about how all of this is going to turn out. Which is obviously in heartbreak, and embarrassment. Any advice in making him see me as something a little more attractive than I am now?

Rinesco said 9 years, 3 months ago:

That’s the thing a lot of people fail to understand, you can’t make him like you. He either wants to pursue a relationship with you or he doesn’t. If you honestly have to change your behavior or anything about yourself for him, then I don’t think he’s the right guy for you and you should probably move on. You want someone who wants to be with you for you, not who you can change into or be molded into.

Now, love and hate are actually very similar concepts despite being on the opposite sides of the spectrum. It takes just as much if not more effort to hate someone as it does to love them and both involve being pretty passionate about that person in some way. Anyhow, you run the risk of being hurt every time you ask someone out, it just won’t be with him. That’s a risk you’re going to have to take. You can’t honestly know what he sees you as if you never bothered to ask him directly. Heck, for all you know, he could feel the same way about you, but isn’t sure how to express it.