SecretJournal said 10 years, 3 months ago:

How do I get over someone that I have to be around and see everyday? We both like each other but there are a couple reasons why it could never work out (which we are both fully aware of and in agreement on). We get close then back off. When she backs off I cannot help but feel rejected and get upset- even though I know she is doing what has to be done. But I cannot back off- and I cannot stop thinking about her all the time. Any suggestions?

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Well what makes you see her everyday? School? work?
If she backs off, don’t feel rejected. If you guys agreed on the fact you can never work out than thats why she’s backing off a little. Don’t make yourself feel rejected, It’s a terrible feeling and I am sure she isn’t rejecting you she’s doing what she has too do. As for thinking about her, thats all on you. If you see her everyday. Than thats going to be hard.

You know what, I feel like we’re both in the same situation, except I haven’t technically reached that scenario yet. And I hope I don’t have too. If you want to talk about it more, we can keep in touch message me if you want :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Out of sight, out of mind.

Zac said 10 years, 3 months ago:

can’t help feeling the same way with the situation I am in right now. I don’t see the person I was with every day but I still share an apartment with her. We were together 4 1/2 years but it just didn’t work out for reasons we both know and understand. The problem is we have these feelings, caring, and love for each other yet we know we need to move on. We go back and forth with each other, rejecting and being upset with each other and fighting over what’s right and wrong. I’ve been down the road of thinking about someone constantly and I’m in the situation now, and what everyone is telling me is that it will pass with time and its going to be tough on you. I would suggest consume yourself with something else, keep busy, listen to music, hang out with friends, talk to new people, talk to family, go on here and keep posting things. Whatever you do to get your mind off of it, it will eventually fade away, even if you don’t want it to. Right now I think it is helping me