grimmothy said 10 years, 3 months ago:

hey how do you deal with being suicidal trying not to get back into self harm i’m kinda low and random chat isn’t going well

Crystal said 10 years, 3 months ago:

i would like tell yourself it’s not worth it, that things will eventually work out. and remember that when you are about to harm yourself. basically, self harming is harming you even more than just being suicidal. there’s other ways to deal with this, yeh im random and low too :p

Caitlin said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Just think of all the things you’d leave behind. Those little things that give you comfort and joy, no matter how small? You’d leave that. That one person that even if you don’t know they care about you, they do? You’d leave them heartbroken. That one song you love to listen to or that one person who brings even a little bit of joy out in you? You’d leave them. Do you want that? No. No matter if you think it wouldn’t make a difference, it would. I PROMISE YOU. I know for a fact I would hate if you left. Just know that you’re young. This is just the beginning and you have the power to change your life in your future. Its your life. Next time you pick up the blade, think about all those people that get upset when you’re hurt, and think of all those favorite things you’d leave if the blade went too deep. Don’t do it.

itsdallasb said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I know a lot of people who self harm and are suicidal. I know this is going to sound like a broken record, but what I tell my friends who are thinking of suicide is that I am always there to lean on. I am a great listener, and I will try my best to make you feel better. I, myself, have felt suicidal and have self harmed before, I know the feeling. Now I say I agree with @Caitlin, think about everything you would leave behind. Friends, family, possible lovers, life in general. I know life sucks and is really fucked up, but I personally think that thoughts of seeing my family and friends grieving for me when I die is the worst possible thought. A coworker of mine killed himself last june, I saw what it did to everyone at my job and how it affected us, and even now I get almost teary eyed thinking about it and it’s been over six months. If you are angry and feel suicide is the only way out, talk to someone, your mom, your dad, a sibling, a teacher, a guidance councilor, social worker for the school. Anyone. It helps, I promise you. And now I say it again, if you ever, ever need to talk to anyone about anything, I can be that person. If you want to be anonymous, find me on tumblr and ask me something anonymously. Whatever, just don’t kill yourself. I don’t know you, but I would feel bad and sad and all the above if you did kill yourself. :)