BlahSupport said 11 years ago:

Just curious, how long is your average chat session?

Aside from one that has received a random disconnect. I know some chats can go for as long as an hour or more, but some can last about 10 minutes.

What would you say is the average duration you have in a blahtherapy chat session?

(◣_◢)Poet said 11 years ago:

I’ve spent anywhere from fifteen minutes to…two hours talking to a person. The average is probably thirty minutes.

Amelia said 11 years ago:

Honestly, I’ve only had a few that have lasted their entirety. Most of mine end with a random disconnect. A lot of times it makes me feel like I did something wrong to cause the venter to disconnect in the middle of the conversation, but I’m hoping it’s just technical issues.
So, on average, about 5 minutes.

Deleted User said 11 years ago:

Anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. Sometimes the listener will disconnect on me.

Roughly 10 mins is my average

I’ve seen me talk to a listener for a couple of hours before, but I think the average time for me is probably nearing an hour (as the venter – I could talk for hours!)

Swifting said 11 years ago:

A good chat, with a venter who wishes to actually participate, without a random disconnect can be anywhere from 10 mins to 2-3 hours. I’m a pretty patient person when listening.

Maddie said 11 years ago:

I have had conversations that have lasted anywhere from five minutes to two hours. I really enjoy helping people. I think I have vented a total of once, and it lasted 20 minutes. I have also offered to continue talking to venters later, if I have to go through the session. I don’t want them to feel uncared for.

Swifting said 11 years ago:

A chat timer could be really cool…. if users could log their hours listening and venting… that’ be pretty neat to see. Not saying it should be public info but would be cool for personal thoughts and reflections.

charityburbage said 11 years ago:

Mine range from anywhere between 15 minutes to 2 hours. Once though, I chatted for almost 5 hours.

Oooh, I love that idea @swifting!

Swifting said 10 years, 12 months ago:

I’m noticing that my chat sessions are going in three different directions.

Either their is no one there.

The person and I talk for about 10 mins.

The person and I talk for about an hour.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I usually have a very long conversation.. possibly 2-3 hours, more or less.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

They are either short as the person just really isn’t looking for help just wants to chat to a cute girl or guy.. Or 1 – 2 hours.