. said 11 years, 2 months ago:

What’s your favourite quote, either from a book, movie or someone?
Has the quote ever helped you through tragedy or made you into a completely different person?

My favourite quote is from the book ‘Blankets’, “How satisfying it is to leave a mark on a blank surface. To make a map of my movement, no matter how temporary.”

Swifting said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
— Audrey Hepburn

“There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.”
— Audrey Hepburn

“I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.”
— Audrey Hepburn

Top 3 in order. I cannot pick just one. Woman is my idol by far.

BubbleGun said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“Each man’s hell is in a different place:
mine is just up and behind
my ruined face.”

― Charles Bukowski -

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

- Marcus Aurelius -

Angel said 11 years, 2 months ago:

@swiftng omg i love audrey hepburn too!!!

Angel said 11 years, 2 months ago:

@swifting

Amelia said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
~Plato

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
~Albus Dumbledore.

“Happy girls are the prettiest.”
~Audrey Hepburn

Chwati:) said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“How do you spell ‘love’?” – Piglet
“You don’t spell it…you feel it.” – Pooh”
― A.A. Milne

Deleted User said 11 years, 2 months ago:

I’m a sucker for quotes thanks to pinterest (almost 600 quotes pinned and counting – woops!) but I haven’t quite found one that sticks out for me. I think I need to experience a bit more of life for that to happen. For now it’s more just little things to remind me when I need it the most:

“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” Maya Angelou

“She knew this transition was not about becoming someone better, but about finally allowing herself to become who she’d always been.” Amy Rubin

“You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”

“Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.”

“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”

“Life is like a boxing match. Defeat is declared not when you fall, but when you refuse to stand again.”

“It’s okay to be happy, and it’s okay to be sad. Just remember that neither one lasts forever.”

“Progress is progress no matter how small.”

“Try not to take things personally; what people say about you is a reflection of them, not you.”

“Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.” Pema Chodron

“Noone can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt

Those I suppose are the ones I find myself looking at to remind myself the most.

Ruhoodenough said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Akuna Matada – The lion king

Its Britney bitch- Britney spears

Livin’ like larry- spongebob

Love-and-be-loved said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Every one will want to ride in the limo with you but a true friend is the person that will ride the bus with you when the limo breaks down
-Oprah Winfrey

Don’t take life to seriously nobody gets out alive
-anonymous

I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
― Marilyn Monroe

If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
― J.K. Rowling,

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.
― Bil Keane

Most people use hearts to represent love but hearts can be broken thats why I use circles they go on forever
-Jocine Chapman

always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you’ll land among stars.
-anonymous

i have more but they are on my ipod and im to lazy to get it

Evo said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Can it be from a song? If so then,
“Close your eyes
Try to breathe
Feel the ground beneath your feet
It’s still there
And the world still turns around”
-Chorus from Ground by Assemblage 23
It’s good to remember when you want to calm down, I think anyways… In fact that whole song is rather encouraging.

Deleted User said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“making one person smile can change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world” :)

MaiFlower said 11 years, 2 months ago:

I have a few…

“We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. Once upon a time and then they lived happily ever after. Fairy tales. The stuff of dreams. the problem is, fairy tales don’t come true. It’s the other stories. The ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable. The nightmares always seem to become the reality.”

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”

”One of the pitfalls of childhood is that one doesn’t have to understand something to feel it. By the time the mind is able to comprehend what has happened, the wounds of the heart are already too deep”

”We’re adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?”

“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth. At least, that’s what they say. He created the birds of the air and the beasts of the field. And he looked at his creation and he saw that it was good. And then God created man, and it’s been downhill ever since.”

“The ties that bind us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us, even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance, and time, and logic. Because some ties are simply… meant to be.”

“At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing… is reason enough to celebrate.”

I have many many more that I live by daily but these are my faves :) xxx

KariDoll said 11 years, 2 months ago:

“It turns out people lie to themselves about three things; they view themselves in implausibly positive ways, they think they have far more control over their lives than they actually do and they believe the future will be better than the evidence from the present can possibly justify. But, you’re way beyond that now. You are in front of the stand up mirror and lying to yourself isn’t going to help anymore. So, please, tell me again, why are you here?”

I wouldn’t say this has changed me as a person, but it’s certainly stirred up some interesting feelings that have impacted me in subtle ways. That’s worth something.

Swifting said 11 years, 2 months ago:

Woah there are so many good quotes here!