Deleted User said 11 years, 1 month ago:

So a little about the undesirable part of me, I’m very argumentative, I have this “need” to always be right, even if I’m wrong, I’m sure you known at least a few of these kind of people in your lives. Well coming here I can tell you how much I think it is wrong of me to be that kind of person, but for some damn reason I can’t help it. I love to argue, and sometimes, I like to argue just to get someone upset, on top of all of that, I’m very opinionated, and I always have to prove how much my opinion is better than the other person’s opinion. I’ve come to this realization that its probably the root of of WHY I lose friends left and right, on top of that, I’ve gotten very professional at being cold. I can literally shut someone off and be over it in less than a few days. When people stop talking to me, I don’t question them as to why they did it, I just shrug it off and move on. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a very genuine loving person, and very caring, but for some reason there is just that side of me that can just be cold and inconsiderate. I know everyone can be that way, but I think it over comes me more than what it should, to the point that I literally have no friends, and the one person I guess you can call my friend isn’t someone I can talk to because she doesn’t listen, the one time I tried talking to her over the phone she was paying attention more to the tv and laughing at what she was watching. I’m always the one to listen to everyone else, and maybe over the years, subconsciously I grew tired of it, and just started shutting people off and just sticking with myself, idk. I know how very confusing all of this may sound, but something is definitely wrong, I just wish I knew exactly what it was so I could improve it. I don’t have to have a whole bunch of friends, I can be good with just a couple, but I wish I just had that ONE person I could just come and talk to anytime I felt like it, or anytime I’m having trouble, or feeling down or whatever, honestly, I’ve never really had that, even when I was in a relationship. I just need a friend I guess.

Swifting said 11 years, 1 month ago:

That’s tough to live with, have you told someone in your life about feeling that way? I think if you made this known to people around you that you are this way and they can recognize it it might put less strain on your relationship.

(◣_◢)Poet said 11 years, 1 month ago:

I see a few things here. If you’re argumentative, that sounds like a fear of criticism, in which you need to ask yourself what has happen EARLY in your life that made you so defensive about being told something about you is wrong? Secondly, if you continue arguing even when you are wrong, that can have a lot to do with lack of discipline. I’m not sure of your age, but typically we all walk with a sense of arrogance and attitude until something occurs in our life that humbles us. Forces us to pay attention to our surroundings as opposed to ourselves and what we desire. If you determine you do lack self-descipline, then look into some activities that make you sweat or push you to work harder than you previously have. Nothing like a hard days work to put life into perspective for a person. Next, you’re cold, or ability to be cold is a result of the previous issues. You don’t like being wrong, yet you want attention, but you lack the discipline to humble yourself enough to be patient with the criticisms of others, so you learned to not care about the results of anything. It never hurts to have a friend, but i don’t think you necessarily need a friend right now, you need adventure. You need to see the world or put yourself in the middle of it so that your perspective on life and the world around you can be broadened. Because right now you may be living in a tiny ball of your history where you contentiously react to someone or something in your past, even if you are past that point or not around that person(s) anymore.

Deleted User said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Holy shi…..@Poet, I’m not being sarcastic at all when I say this….but its like you dug into my mind took a look around and just figured me out, I’m 23 btw. You’re absolutely right, I can’t even put it in words….if I told you my story you would definitely see it. I really think I do lack that discipline, a lot of me does feel like I am living in a ball of my history, can I send you a PM some time?

(◣_◢)Poet said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Of course, anytime dude. I’ll try to reply ASAP.