GBWest said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Didn’t see any group that this topic would really fit under, so just putting it here.

Anyways, I seem to have completely lost the ability to communicate with any other person. I’ve never been able to make it known what exactly my thoughts are on this topic or that topic any time in the past 2ish years. I have been in conversations with people where I express an entire essay of my thoughts to some one, and they just stare at me with a confused and blank expression on their face. I am losing my bloody mind about it, because it appears no one understands why I say/do the things I say/do, and it has reached the point where no one seems to comprehend WHAT I’m saying either. Is there any way to remedy this?

ShadowGX said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Sounds like a case of saying way too much. I’m working on this myself currently. Too many words confuse most people. They have a hard time taking so much in at once, even if it’s just the same thing over and over or if it makes perfect sense.

Personally what I’m focusing on doing is, well, saying less… IRL that’s not an issue for me, I opt to hush in most situations, even when prompted to speak. Text is where I get in trouble. It’s a bit easier in my situation because I can see what I’m saying before I send it out, which of course helps me control how much rambling I send. Your case is a verbal wall of text, but you may benefit from trying to perfect the same things I’m trying to. Those things are:
1. Process what exactly the main point is that I’m trying to express. State that point clearly and one time only, allowing for rebuttal if needed. If it is a complicated point, allow up to one simple example before proceeding in the conversation.
2. Never try to discuss two topics at once, even if related to each other.
3. Don’t over explain with a bunch of scenarios, examples or “what-if” situations. If evidence is required to back up a point, state it as simply and straightforward as possible, keeping all of these points in mind when doing so.
4. Don’t assume certain questions will be asked and answer them before being asked. Allow them to be asked, otherwise assume the person understands.
5. If there is a clear lack of understanding, do not assume what may be misunderstood and instead ask the person what they don’t understand or if you can explain something better, allowing them ample time to process the conversation.

It all sounds kinda complicated and hard to do, but it’s already helped me by doing those things, so hopefully it can help you. ^^

GBWest said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I already barely talk as it is…

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

How do I politely tell someone to get to the damn point. They’ve stretched out a simple story into a 2 hour ( and counting ) span. I’m really listening, and I’m genuinely trying to help, but I don’t think telling me you went to a bonfire, had pizza for lunch, and used a fruity shampoo that night contributes to the conversation. I don’t need minute by minute details unless it’s important. I’ve told them multiple times (albeit in a joking manner) “hunty get to the point momma needs to know the ending” but alas, to no avail.