It’s a Secret to Everybody said 10 years, 1 month ago:

This group has seemed a little dead lately, particularly compared to other groups, so I figured I’d try and breathe some more life into it XD

This topic is exactly what it says on the tin – I’m curious to know what game(s) you’ve played that surprised you, whether in a good way, a bad way, or just a surprising way.

Fable is one of mine – I picked up Fable III because a friend (different one) had told me about it, and the ‘good/evil’ aspect was interesting. I absolutely fell in love with the game by the time I’d finished the tutorial – it’s like a fantasy story written by Monty Python what’s not to love? XD then I played II, and it was even better, so I’ve been living in hope of a Fable IV ever since ._.

Anyway, what games have you been surprised by, pleasantly or otherwise?

jereman said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Bioshock 2 was nice game after all, rescued all sisters so i think that i got best ending.
Borderlands 1 and 2 crazyy and crazier, still playing them :D
Yours – jereman

SweatynReady47 said 10 years, 1 month ago:

inFamous Second Son is beautiful.

Jess said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Probably Alice: Madness Returns.. I knew it was the ‘dark’ version of Alice in Wonderland.. but wow is it dark. Definitely not for children (even though there are no graphic mentions, everything is implied). I loved it though. The darker, the better.

Also the Mass Effect series.. That whole series is so emotionally draining I haven’t been able to replay it yet, though I seriously want to.

Marissa Newman said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Definitely Skyrim;Elder Scrolls, It’s a huge step upward and onward for Bethesda and the Elder Scrolls itself. Plus as it was my first RPG game, i was surprised the infinite possibilities, and It felt real to me, still does.

SevenLegends said 10 years, 1 month ago:

metal slug suppressed me. old arcade shooter? meh. but then i played it and loved it. still do.

Atlas said 10 years ago:

I was pleasantly surprised with how good Beyond Two Souls was. I was taking a gamble when I bought it without looking into it, but in the end I loved it. The acting was fantastic and the story line was interesting.

Rhi said 10 years ago:

Call of duty ghosts disappointed me a bit, maps were great but re spawning eh… Not so much

Kennedy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I must say I was surprise at Dead Island, Halo 4 (even though everyone talks about it), Batman Arkham Origins, and Dead Rising. I was a bit disappointed with Dead Rising 2 because of the difficulty I had with it. I couldn’t finish the second game because of how hard it was. I thought the second one would have been easier than the first but I was wrong. It is a good game just the hard levels are hard especially at night with the zombies becoming harder. I am hoping the third one is easy. With Halo 4, I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as what people said. I never bothered to check it out until I got it for Christmas in my new X-Box and I surprisingly liked it! Dead Island was good too but it isn’t one of my favorites. It doesn’t have that bad of a story line either. Since Rocksteady didn’t work on batman Arkham Origins, I didn’t think it would have done good and to my surprise it did good but it was much harder than Asylum and City. I wish they made Deathstroke or Black Mask as the main villain and not Joker again but I still liked the joker! I am excited for Arkham Knight sadly it is only for Play Station 4 and X-Box one.

Navi said 9 years, 11 months ago:

mad father.i’m not really a big fan of the love and loss type game but something about this game gave me the feels ;_; and it was a beautiful story.

GG said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Homefront! I thought it was gonna be a lame copy of COD’s shadow but it proved better than COD! The story line was amazing. Sure the online play was crap but I highly recommend this game.

Jaloopy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Gear Of War Judgment was probably one of the most disappointing games I have played. The original gears was my first xbox game and I was a fan of the series until Judgment came out. Everything was bsd with that game compared to the others