KellyMichelle:) said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Just thought this might be a good topic to discuss in this group! And Im curious :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

gaining mass naturally is my biggest struggle – i dont use artificial proteins, steroids etc..it really sucks, all the guys on my gym are on some supplement and they get crazy gains, whereas im gaining like 1-2 kilos every 2 weeks. And im still 15 kilos short of my goal.
Probably 2nd biggest struggle is abs

AlliC said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I feel that my biggest struggle with the gym it is just going. I have a really busy schedule the only time I can go to the gym is early in the morning. I usually don’t want to get out of bed at my normal hour and getting up earlier is very hard. I feel that going with a buddy gives me more motivation to go. But I have a hard time finding anyone that wants to go to the gym at 5am. Also I feel that anxiety is sometimes a big factor. Not wanting to be around people while working out.

@limitless yeah I know a lot of guys who use all that pre-workout and steroid stuff and I honestly think that its so much more natural, honest, and just better and more real to do it without that stuff. So good for you! But protein is probally O.K. Only because it actually does help your body (In the correct amount for your body weight), rather than screw with it. I mean its the number one way to recover your muscles after an intense workout and it definitely helps build mass.

@AlliC I am so with you there about the anxiety at the gym. There are some strange and rude people that go to gyms. I just try to ignore them but yeah they do get on my nerves too!

@kellymichelle well i dont think protein is okay, ive seen people lose their gains faster when on artificial protein, if they stop gym for like even 1 week. I prefer all natural, other than my multivitamin which is a pill:D
Nothing rests the body more than 10 hours of sleep.
I do have a natural protein shake for you = 2 big spoons Cottage cheese(Low Fat), 2 Eggs, 3 spoons of oat, 1 sliced banana, 1 spoon peanut butter, and sometimes some chocolate sauce. It equals like 30g of protein, and it tastes pretty good.
@AlliC Focus on the goal you want to achieve, and going to gym will be easy, anxiety excuse is a joke, noone cares about you in the gym, everyone has their own goals. I am sure you can work out schedule if you really try, there has to some time slot being idled away. I usually do 5-6 45 min sessions a week, its pretty easy to find time for it.

@limitless. That’s crazy. I’ve never heard people lose gains from protein powder. But thanks for the recipe. I’ll definitely have to try it. And I’m taking it your a guy so you probably wouldn’t have the same anxiety girls do at the gym.. But their are definitely some weird guys that show up at my gym. Haha. And yeah I go 5-6 times every week for 45 minutes too! Although I’m starting to feel like I’m over-doing it or not eating enough right now. I haven’t quite figured that one out yet.

they dont lose it coz of the powder, it is when they stop their routines, the gains from the powder are lost in a relatively fast time period.
My gym trainer used to be on all kinds of protein and horse steroids etc, he went to his home country for a month and he didnt have access to his stuff there. He dropped like 20kgs!! He was 130 kgs before, it was like he deflated lol. He gave me that exact reasoning, and told me thats true for 99% of people, if they stop working out.
And yes im a guy, but personally i think if some guy is giving off some weird vibe, you should just focus on your goal, and do your thing, he will leave you alone when he sees your engrossed in your workout. Those weird guys are probably intimidated by your female presence, even if its something else, just be focused on your routine, wear headphones if you have too;p

horse steroids? oh man. I cant even imagine that. That sounds scary. but makes sense he would ‘deflate’ after stopping all that and working out. Thanks for all the info though and for joining the group! lol I didn’t realize there was another group similar but oh well.

oh btw i forgot to mention in the recipe, add 1/2 to 1 cup of skimmed milk lol

AngelM said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Bothering to do it. When I’ve freetime or feel rested enough I’ll do the usual workout every day. Then sometimes assignments and exams pile up and I’ve no time or stamina for it.
There’s always this great war going on inside me between my bed and my exercise.

anybodygottamap said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My biggest challenge is getting over the “this is gonna hurt and burn and suck” mental block. I mean, after I’m done working out I feel amazing (endorphins and all) but while I’m working out I’m wondering what everyone thinks of me.

the thing noone is thinking jack about you,lets be logical, your life probably has no significance to others. . When your hot they think wow shes hot, when your fat they think wow shes fat. In the end only real opinion matters to yourself, and what you choose to live with. If you treat working out like a chore/ a bad job, sooner than later your gonna detest it and eventually quit. Treat it like like food, its something thats a neccesity = not a chore.
And the point of working out is too feel spent, i cant go to sleep usually unless my body is destroyed, very easy once you get in the routine.

Vivid Melody said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I get bored easily and need to keep finding a new routine to keep me motivated.

i have my trainer make my routines every 3 weeks, but there are some great apps online, with tons of routines which are animated an easy to follow, i think i have 3 of em in my android now, all free apps btw.