FrenchFry said 10 years, 3 months ago:

So, I see a lot of movies that just completely change me and the way I see the world. Sometimes, I see a movie and just don’t want to get up and leave the theater when it’s over because I just want to live in that movie, I want to be in it and experience the things that happen. Is anyone else like that? Does anyone else ever change things in their lives because they were inspired by a movie?

Jess said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I often want to live in movies. Have you SEEN X-Men? I would kill for mutant powers. I’m used to the discrimination anyway since I’m gay so it wouldn’t be too different. :P

I can’t say I’ve ever changed things in my life after a movie though. I have been inspired but not enough to make me do anything drastic. Maybe just like be happier, or not worry about what people think, or try to help more. Things like that.

FrenchFry said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I actually haven’t seen X-men! Yeah, I get what you mean. I do that too. :P

CardiacLiberty said 10 years, 3 months ago:

There was one movie that got me into activism (for a short while( – Fight Club. It really opened my eyes to the kind of social propaganda all around us, how every man needs to fight for himself in order to success in this survival of the fittest world. “You are not special, and you’ll never be.” I thought that mentality would give me the adrenaline and willpower to drive myself to do things but… after a while, it’s just felt silly to live out my life based on fictional values like that. :/

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Billy Elliot <– the movie showed me that as long as you work towards your goal and you are passionate, anything is possible.

I mean, he's a boy who dislikes the local boy's sport (boxing), with no experience with ballet, no future except for the mining business his father and older brother are striking against, and his best friend is a bit different like him. And here he is, trying to get learn a new art form, trying to get accepted into a prestigious school, and making a future for himself.

HelloMetanoia said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Anything fantasy and whimsy-filled definitely does that for me. One example is Stardust. Another is Coraline. The Living Wake.

CeciVizz said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Edward Scissorhands made me feel like wow it is okay to be different because someone will care about you anyways.