Joana said 10 years, 2 months ago:

After about a month of ‘normal’ eating, I think I am relapsing… Everything is starting to become OK, and I don’t want to go back to the restrict/binge/purge circle again. Once I spend most of my time in school, it would be really easy for me not to eat. I think that maybe if I told my bestfriend, she could help me while I am at school. But I don’t think she even understands the concept of an eating disorder. Do you guys have any tips on how I can talk to her? To make her understand what’s wrong and how she could help? I’ve tried to tell her before, but she thought i was joking, and still does.

Natty said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I had the exact same problem. I felt like my friends weren’t taking me seriously when I came out and spoke to them about my eating disorder. ED’s are very difficult to understand, especially if your friend has never been in this position herself. Maybe you should go somewhere private, sit down together and discuss everything. Tell her what you’ve been going through and how much you’ve been struggling. Tell her that you really need her help and need her to be there for you through such times. Speak to her in a serious manner. Express how concerned you are for yourself and how her help would benefit you. Eating disorders aren’t something that should be joked about, they are very serious and she needs to know this. Hope things work out, good luck. (:

Tintin said 10 years, 2 months ago:

i have a question for you guys… Okay, so I’m anorexic and I’ve been having chest pains lately because of my low heart rate, and I was wondering (idc if it’s a yes, so please be honest), but could I end up going inpatient because of it?

Joana said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Tintin, maybe you should ask a doctor about it. If you want some answers, you can ask on the Q-n-A. People will see your question there, and be able to help you… Stay strong <3