Logical Zebra said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Hi everyone! I’ve been struggling with food addiction since I was a little girl. I’m a very anxious person and there are few things that calm me, food included. I bite my nails, and other kind of self-harm, but the only thing that can make my anxiety go away completely is eating. Sometimes I’m so full and it’s 1 a.m. but I still want to eat and watch t.v., because it helps me forget and eating makes me feel good. Of course I wake up every morning thinking I wish I wasn’t so fat and that I have to do something about it, but then I start thinking what to get for breakfast, the greasier the better. I can’t stop myself. I eat when I’m stressed, depressed, lonely, happy, bored, sad, when I go out, when I’m home. Eating is the best part of my day, when there is no food I get super cranky. I usually eat every 1 hour. My joke is that I’m a hobbit. I was doing so good a year ago, I was dealing better with my problem and I was losing weight, but then my life changed, I had to face problems that no one should ever face and now I have better things to worry about than my weight, yet it still worries me and I wish everything was different. Anyone else has been through this? I’d like to read some of your stories and feel a little less like a freak.

dumbpalomino said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve been on both ends of this. I love my food. It calms me. It soothes me. It pleases me more than any person ever could and it never talks back. But then I gained weight and felt horrible and then started to try and starve myself for a few months which didn’t end well. I know my experience isn’t as bad as some but it still hurt me and my self esteem. Please don’t think your a freak. I wake up every day and think “if only that last little bit of poof on my belly would go away” but I have accepted it because I’m not overweight and I am not in danger of passing out from lack of food any more. I guess mine turned from stress help to body image problems that just feed off each other (no pun intended *giggle*). I would urge you to try to focus that negative energy on eating healthier. After a few weeks you should start to feel better. I know putting my energy into my health routine helped me to become a better athlete and person. Much love fellow food junkie! ;)