Satellite//Heart♡ said 10 years, 11 months ago:

Here’s a place to introduce yourself and to share a bit about yourself, what illness/es you deal with or help loved ones with. =)

Satellite//Heart♡ said 10 years, 11 months ago:

My name’s Amber, I’m 23, Australian and I have an illness called Fibromyalgia. I have been suffering with it for quiet some time but was only diagnosed with it at the age of 20. I can’t study or work at the moment due to the severity of it but I was studying youth work and I am a part time body shop consultant which I take part in every now and then. I love my music, animals, tv shows/movies, reading, makeup, tattoos and my friends =)

Sytry said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’m Sytry and I’m 20 years old. I also have what most likely is Fibromyalgia. I’ve been showing the symptoms for it for a couple of years. I went to the doctor earlier this year and they are still trying to test me for many things before they even go near diagnosing me with Fibromyalgia. My mother has Fibromyalgia as well and started showing symptoms for it since her 20s, but was only diagnosed with it last year at the age of 50. I’m currently in college studying photography, though it’s slowly getting harder due to the pain and what not. I love photography, music, singing, piercings/tattoos, anime/manga, reading, and writing.

Jackie said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’m Jackie. I’m 22 years old and I’m a junior in college. I don’t have any diagnosed mental or physical illnesses, but I do have quite a bit of anxiety and I have very low self-esteem. I’ve battled with suicidal thoughts too. Some of my close friends suffer from depression, PCOS, anxiety, low self-esteem, and/or are in abusive relationships. I try to help to the best of my ability. I love to write, watch Netflix, tattoos, piercings, music, and cats.

jetstream said 10 years, 10 months ago:

I’m Jetstream, and I’m a 16 year old senior in high school. I also do not have any diagnosed illnesses, but I have bouts of anxiety and I’ve had my runs with self harm. I know many people who’ve had trouble with depression, anxiety attacks, self-loathing, and abusive relationships. My cat is the one who’s helped me through a lot of the stuff that happens. I love art of all kinds: dancing, cooking, music, drawing/painting/so on, and most of all writing. I’ve also been blogging lately.

Satellite//Heart♡ said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Hey Sytry :) Really great to have you as a part of the group, so sorry to hear about your fibro I know how hard it can be, but hang in there lovely and continue with your passions! <3

Hey Jackie :) thankyou for introducing yourself hun, sounds like your doing amazing things
despite your trials and thats amazing! I love all the things you love too :D xo

Hey Jetstream great to have you here hun, i love cats, I have 5! And a puppy dog, they can be such a huge help :) I have a blog too on tumblr :) xo

Nicoled said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Hi, I’m Nicole. I’m 27 years old and I have the disease Cystic Fibrosis. It’s a genetic disease with no cure, and a low life expectancy. But I’m trying my hardest to make the best of every opportunity I’ve been giving. And hopefully a chance to connect with other people, going through similar hard times.

BlackGoldfish said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Hey guys. My name is Bet, I am 22 years old and I suffer from a couple of rare genetic disorders which I have had my whole life. It causes me to have tumours and cysts through out my spinal cord and my feet. It causes me a great deal of pain every day, to the point that some days my legs lock up and I can’t walk. i have been in and out of hospitals my whole life doing corrective surgery.
I am really glad I found this group. I suffer from depression, anxiety, as well as episodes of schizoprenia. I believe that a lot of my mental health issues are because of the PTSD I have endured from my chronic medical condition. I hope I get to talk to all of you individually.

Miracle said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Hi guys my name is Miracle, i dont have any ilnesses but i do like to talk about my problems and help others with there problems. i like to listen to music i love makeup and animals and i would like to meet new friends :)

Satellite//Heart♡ said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Nicoled, BlackGoldFish and Miracle a big welcome and gentle hugs to all of you beautiful people :)
Thankyou lots for introducing yourselves and sharing your stories, sounds like a really hard road for you beautiful people but hang in there and hopefully you can find some people to chat to and find some comfort in talking to on here :)
Always welcome to send me a message too!
much love and healing xo

Lillian said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hi people!
Im Lillian. Im 18 and I have sickle cell disease (in a nutshell my blood is sickle shaped and clusters around joints causing extreme pain and damaging lot of things inside). Ive been in and out hospital since I was 3. And what I want to tell you is that it made me appreciate every single day so much! And maybe its a short life but what a one!

Oli said 10 years, 6 months ago:

You are all really strong, beautiful and brave people, I’m here for each and every one of you if you need to talk. (hugs)

Discoveringmyself said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I’m Kim. I’m 21 years old, about to turn 22 in a month and i have aplastic anemia. A blood disorder in which the bone marrow doesn’t make enough new blood cells. I was diagnosed with it in my early teens and despite the struggle it comes with I make it a point in life to live as normal as possible and have a positive outlook on things

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Hi, I’ve just joined this site hope you don’t mind me joining in.
I have CFS/ME & chronic pain as a symptom of that (they think). I am 18 & I have had it since age 13.
I also have chronic anxiety from emetophobia, social anxiety disorder & I suffer from panic attacks & IBS. I have depression and an ED.
I have lost a lot of weight and has affected my conditions, I have new symptoms too due to being underweight with a BMI being 15.4. I have self-harmed since age 13. I hope I don’t ‘trigger’ anyone. Despite being ill, I have just got my first full time job and will start soon. I am hoping my health doesn’t get in the way, as I had to drop out of school when I was 15, and then quit college last year. I just want to live a normal life. *Hugs* to you all.

Satellite//Heart♡ said 10 years, 4 months ago:

Haven’t checked out this thread for a little while but wow so awesome to see new people joining and sharing their story, you’re all really inspiring and I love learning about new conditions because I think it’s so important for awareness to be out there so hopefully oneday we can all find cures :)
To Jade – You sound like an incredible girl, good on you for not giving up and being so determined to have a normal life sounds like you’ve been through so much but we’re all here for you for encouragement or to be just an ear and shoulder to lean on.
Lots of love to all of you xoxo