Nope said 8 years, 4 months ago:

As I sit, alone and cold, wrapped in shadows born from the dancing flame in front of me, I recount all the moments that lead me to here, to now. My mind wanders back, the screams and cries of those wronged drowned out by the deafening silence. Just as I slip back into blissful insanity the voice emanates from the shrouded nothingness, “Your debt is paid, your reward is here.” In an instant, the shadows leap from all corners of the room and converge onto the single spot in front of me, swirling to and fro. The infinite blackness allowing no light to permeate through, the shadows, now taking the shape of a small square, speed up in anticipation of its arrival. Just as quickly as they started, the shadows are gone, replaced by a single item. Years of my life gone. Hundreds of others, gone. A lifetime of nightmarish acts coming to silent crescendo erasing all hope of future sleep. All that is left is the question, the only question that seems to matter anymore: what would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Hayden said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Oh my gosh, I love this.

lex300 said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Like this, good job! gave me a quiver when reading it.