I’m an insomniac. It takes me over 3 hours every night to fall asleep and I wake up frequently throughout the night and will stay up for 20 minutes about 4 times a night. Any suggestions on what could help me fall asleep? (Not including medicine)
Hmm... Of course the "cure" depends a lot on what's causing the problem. A few things that often works for me are:
1. Not using computers, phones, TV or stuff like that for a hour before bedtime.
2. Drinking and eating well during the day, and no sugar or caffeine after 6pm.
3. Taking a walk or going for a run before I go to bed.
4. Reading a book or writing about the day in a notebook just before I go to sleep.
5. Try to exhaust yourself during the day, so your body will need and take every chance to sleep during the night.
6. Clean your room, make your bed, make sure that your sleeping-environment is nice and relaxing.
7. Take a long shower just before bed!I hope that it gets better soon. If it doesn't I would recommend you to contact a doctor!
I had this problem too. Drink a glass of warm milk if you like milk, read something before you go to bed, make a playlist with relaxing music and think about something you like. Imagine yourself fishing, winning an international competition, finding your true. I don't know. Just relax and stop thinking about everyday problems. Good luck !
Create a playlist of your favourite relaxing songs and drink tea such as chamomile. Lavender helps too. Take a bath/read for a little bit until you feel at least a little tired. Try to stray away from too much sugar and caffeine.
I use to have the same problem. I started working out a few hours before I went to sleep and that seemed to help me fall asleep faster and it would keep me out. Also if your for it I find that smoking a small joint before bed also helps me when I can't sleep. But it's your call if you want to try that. I don't know how much against drugs you are